Hip-Hop - breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

gumdrops

yeah the busta album is a really good 'album'. one of the best albums of the year hip hop wise i think. a few too many guest artists and busta doesnt seem as wild as often on the mic but hes still great. i forgot how much i like him.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
New Method Man and Sean Price!

New Method Man track from the forthcoming album 4:21...The Day After

"Fall Out" Produced by K-1 (Kwame)
http://rapidshare.de/files/29016377/-Fall_Out-.mp3.html

New Sean Price track from the forthcoming album Jesus Price Superstar

"Cardiac" Sean Price f/Buckshot & Rustee Jux (Boot Camp Clik)
http://rapidshare.de/files/28819804/Cardiac.mp3.html

New Little Brother track from the upcoming album

"Back At It" Little Brother f/Cormega
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4p8yv8

One.

Last edited:

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
If you haven't heard this shit yet....

My favorite major label joint right now is hands down Obie Trices' "Cry Now" and the remix...this song sounds like a classic posse joint from 1996. I cannot extol the virtues of this song enough, check it, the remix and the video out at:

www.myspace.com/obietrice

One.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Poisonous Dart said:
My favorite major label joint right now is hands down Obie Trices' "Cry Now" and the remix...this song sounds like a classic posse joint from 1996. I cannot extol the virtues of this song enough, check it, the remix and the video out at:

www.myspace.com/obietrice

One.

Isn't that song just fucking great? The beat is just the bollocks!

squibl

...this song sounds like a classic posse joint from 1996.

it's a virtue that this tune sounds a decade out of date? Im not feeling. I know you dont feel it but at least with hyphy you know it's 2006. This is my problem with hip hop traditionalism. Like it has to sound 10 years old to sound authentic.

commerical joints like "b boy stance", "99 problems" reach back to some "golden age" but still manage to sound current, if only becuz the production values are so high. Not on this one.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Actually...

it's a virtue that this tune sounds a decade out of date? Im not feeling. I know you dont feel it but at least with hyphy you know it's 2006. This is my problem with hip hop traditionalism. Like it has to sound 10 years old to sound authentic.

commerical joints like "b boy stance", "99 problems" reach back to some "golden age" but still manage to sound current, if only becuz the production values are so high. Not on this one.

No, genius. Saying that a song sounds like it came from a time when there was mostly quality/classic hip hop on the airwaves or a time when many classic/important hip hop albums/songs were released is HIGH PRAISE. If someone told me, an emcee that a song or verse of mine reminded them of the foloowing years: 1984, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 or 1996 I would be proud of my finished product. Why? Because AFTER 1996, the Telecommunications Act, The 60 Add Rule and Clearchannel and Emmis Communications buying all of the radio stations DESTROYED Hip Hop on the radio forever. Then Viacom bought up everything and in 1997 MTV changed their format and created a new flagship show called TRL. Next, Puff Daddy & The Family, No Limit Records, Suave House Records, Cash Money Records all took over the airwaves and the Wu Tang Clan, Boot Camp Clik, and most groups that got spins constantly just the year before couldn't get into the rotation if their lives depended on it. After Def Jam/Roc A Fella Records successful pulled off The Survival Of The Illest Tour and the Hard Knock Life Tour without any incidents of violence (along with topping the charts with Jay Z, DMX, Ja Rule, Redman and Method Man) the large stadiums would allow rap shows again....once the money came rolling in, the shiny suits stayed, the Cristal flowed, the Bling glistened....and the MUSIC SUFFERED.

"B Boy Stance" reached out to the first Golden Age (1986-1989) in a purely superficial manner (Cassidy doesn't REMEMBER the Old School...neither does Swizz!). "99 Problems" did an excellent job of it...This song is an early UNMIXED leak of a new Saigon single..."Cry Now" is a sonic and lyrical masterpiece (SickNotes Productions of Detroit, MI laced the beat)...it reminds me of one of the joints that would've been on a DJ Clue mixtape back in 1996. One

luka

i like ras kass-institusionalized.
hes really obnoxious and cynical now but its still good.

luka

and westwood played a pharaoahe monch track called push which i really like. he is the best in some ways.

gumdrops

its this idea that everything must sound state of the art thats allowed there to be so many shitty hip hop tracks to be made in the last five or six years. this rush for 'newness' at all costs, at the expense of everything else is gimmicky, completely ephemeral and i cant imagine its going to age too well. which you could argue doesnt matter, but it kinda does when people are just churning out tracks as quickly as they can just for the sake of it without any care for quality control.

petergunn

plywood violin
and westwood played a pharaoahe monch track called push which i really like. he is the best in some ways.

there's a track w/ pharoah monch on the b-side of the new J-Dilla single that's pretty great... called "love", i think...

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
I've had the advance for close to a month now and I can't stop playing "Love" f/Pharoahe Monch, "Baby" f/Oh No & Guilty Simpson, and "Won't Do" by J Dilla himself...the album is fire from beginning to end...do not sleep on this...I mean, those of you that actually love hip hop and don't just puruse through it like a semi interesting magazine at the barber's shop/doctor's office waiting room. One.

I posted this back on July 22nd....One

echevarian

babylon sister
I'm curious if anyones got any opinions about Papoose?

Been listening to a couple of the Street Sweeper mixtapes that Kay Slay puts out and I've definitely got to hand it to him, the man's got skill.

I'm not sure if he is the saviour of NY rap like he would like us to believe but there is definely talent there.

Just thinking is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.