things you have noticed.

sufi

lala
pyongyang

DSC00349.jpg

luka

walking east along regents canal, the section which runs alongside victoria park
a crow engaged in a ferocious dogfight with four seagulls. it went on for quite a while. it was exciting.
the gulls and the crows have been engaged in turf wars for as long as i've been paying attention to brids. both belligerent creatures. the gulls always win becasue they work together, though one on one i might back a crow, depending on the type of gull it was facing.

sufi

lala
i sawa wren and a thrush at the weekend...
2009_small.jpg

one of our neighbours told me this story ages ago - he'd be walking his doggy round the park & he used to see this eritrean/somali looking jogger doing circuits
he noticed that the guy carried a stick with him,
asking why he was told it was in case of attack by crows
"yeah right" says mervyn, "lotta nuttas round brocky theses days :rolleyes: "

then a few days later sees the guy desperately fending off a crow thats swooping on him as he jogs... :eek:

Gerard

Mobbed

I've been mobbed by crows in Richmond park with my dog. That day I took to walking with a big stick, shit scared I was in for a pecking. I even broke into a jog at one point to get away, shouting to the dog "Run Poppy run!". The whole episode sent shivers up me spine.

Later on same walk there was a stand off between my dog and a big old stag. The park, once a refuge, left me fear-addled and swearing off nature.

The other day on Clifton downs, in Bristol, me and the dog were MENACED by crows. This time they were on foot.

mms

sometimes
i saw frances de la tour ie miss jones from rising damp near camden earlier, she looked the same, but seemed rather confused, but then she was always quite confused on the show that made her famous.

i sat next to two media tarts in the caff talking about a show that's going well and looks set to be the next 'office'.
that's camden for you.
funny fuckin place, where subcultures go to become museum pieces for tourist cameras.

Gerard said:
I've been mobbed by crows in Richmond park with my dog. That day I took to walking with a big stick, shit scared I was in for a pecking. I even broke into a jog at one point to get away, shouting to the dog "Run Poppy run!". The whole episode sent shivers up me spine.

Later on same walk there was a stand off between my dog and a big old stag. The park, once a refuge, left me fear-addled and swearing off nature.

The other day on Clifton downs, in Bristol, me and the dog were MENACED by crows. This time they were on foot.

One thing I noticed on a visit to Tokyo was the crows. They are enormous, maybe two, three times bigger than the ones you see bin-bagging from tree to tree in this country.

Were they always at home in the city, or did they decide to move in on the rich pickings left by earthquakes and industrialised bombing? Whatever, though hugely beady eyed, they were always docile. But I did notice they were happy to stay nearer the ground than most birds, perching around head height. Perhaps because cats are scared of them?

Last edited:

Gerard

I have a old Japanese painting of a crow at home. He is very beady but certainly benign. I'll try and post a pic of it here.

jd_

Last night at a bar I saw a mouse running between this woman's feet and around her purse. I was expecting her to freak out but she never noticed it even though it was there more than it wasn't. She laughed with her friends and had a good time.

rewch

HMGovt said:
One thing I noticed on a visit to Tokyo was the crows. They are enormous, maybe two, three times bigger than the ones you see bin-bagging from tree to tree in this country.

Were they always at home in the city, or did they decide to move in on the rich pickings left by earthquakes and industrialised bombing? Whatever, though hugely beady eyed, they were always docile. But I did notice they were happy to stay nearer the ground than most birds, perching around head height. Perhaps because cats are scared of them?

ravens maybe? the crow's bigger cousin:
raven01.jpg

yves klein was once the captain of the spanish judo team...

rewch

sufi said:
one of our neighbours told me this story ages ago - he'd be walking his doggy round the park & he used to see this eritrean/somali looking jogger doing circuits
he noticed that the guy carried a stick with him,
asking why he was told it was in case of attack by crows
"yeah right" says mervyn, "lotta nuttas round brocky theses days :rolleyes: "

then a few days later sees the guy desperately fending off a crow thats swooping on him as he jogs... :eek:

mmm... remember that story & seeing that stick bloke too... in australia it's magpies... especially when they're nesting but they don't look like english magpies... more like the jay

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
doing some data entry stuff at my current place of work, then coming across someones death certificate who drowned in the tsunami is odd and sad. then having to log it is sad too.

mms

sometimes
today i noticed chas and dave with their wives in tower records piccadily when i was buying the latest issue of fortean times.
which is an improvement on yesterday. when i wrote the last post.

Helen

Tumbling Dice
A small bird had gotten caught in a stormwater drain about 20ft high, had died, slid all the way to the bottom where there was a small rusted hole just big enough for the bird’s wing to protrude and spread perfectly as if in flight.

Moderate amounts of psilocybes a few nights ago yielded no hallucinations but that the moon, which was full and custard yellow, had turned 90 degrees clockwise. I could turn my head on the side and see the compassionate face I have seen in the moon all my life, bUt upright there was a completely new, much angrier face. It’s back to normal now.