ruff sqwad

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Think they are going to try and push GNR2 a bit more, which I am happy to see. I think that could do well if it was streamlined down and marketed as a proper release.

gumdrops

i think they should do a 'greatest hits' sort of cd. not a slung out there mix-cd thing with shabby artwork either (gnr 2 had a great cover though), something proper. a story so far type thing. it would have anna, tings in boots, underground, down, extra, and possibly my favourite track rapid has ever produced - all day long (although that isnt strictly speaking a ruff sqwad tune is it?). i think that would be great. no filler, just all their best tracks one after the other. but dont have it all super-cleanly and pristinely mixed like that tinchy lost and found cd - id like it a bit grungier.

don_quixote

Trent End
i went down to london and finally picked up gnr2 and i love it so so so much. it's even better than i thought it would be. surely stuff like sound man could be top 10 material?? cant get it off my headphones anyway, constantly getting halfway through other albums and then going straight back to it.

just to let you lot know

Ruff Sqwad are in the new issue of Echoes mag addressing some issues

big up my boy...yet again lol! BBP! - still moving! we ain't dead yet lol!

mos dan

fact music
Ruff Sqwad are in the new issue of Echoes mag addressing some issues

big up my boy...yet again lol! BBP! - still moving! we ain't dead yet lol!

you got a link for this (or at least tell us which issues)? first thing you get when you google 'echoes mag' is this thread!! lol.

erm...lol

you got a link for this (or at least tell us which issues)? first thing you get when you google 'echoes mag' is this thread!! lol.

BBP! mandem are poor to be honest so no scanners on deck

all I can say is that's £2.95 and out now

magazine's work a month ahead right? so its the may edition I think...or april...I don't have it to hand right now

mos dan

fact music
This is part speculation and part informed comment, but sadly I don't think we're going to see a whole bunch of new RS material coming soon... Tinch has his solo project, a few of them are still at college, they don't have a manager at the moment, people like Fuda Guy want to work on their solo mixtapes, do they even have a radio show anymore (??)...

I don't think it's going to be 'a Ruff Sqwad year'. Which is a shame. Let's just hope Rapid keeps banging out classics, at the very least.

and cheers Tactics, will seek that out!

gumdrops

i want rapid to release some instrumental 12" EPs. was listening to some radio rip from earlier this year or end of last year and this track came on with another one of his underground-ish beats but even better. if he put out an EP of all his versions of that beat i would buy it straight away. so sick.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
There will be 4 track vinyl releases in conjunction with the CD release.

Some re-issues and some unreleased bits.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
has anyone got the rock e.p ?? is it any good??

Not one of their best, you can preview it here

http://www.ukrecordshop.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=18098

the first track, burial, or whatever it's called is good though.

That one definitely gets played in my 'Ruff Sqwad' instrumental section, alongside Havana and Future and Xtra and Cleo and Jennifer and Forwardish and Blaze, love to have an instrumental of 'Killing Em With Words' and 'Top Three Selected' n all.

mos dan

fact music
what's the history behind 'r u double f'? does anyone know who made it (rapid?), when it came out, what prog it was made on and stuff? it's one of those tunes that just defines a time and a place for me, but i don't really know where (or when) it came from...