ruff sqwad

viktorvaughn

Any Ruff Sqwad sets upped would be appreciated. My old computer died and I had to buy a new one and so now most of my pirate sets are gone. I am left with one Ruff Sqwad set from 2004 that sucks really, really hard.

No one can get through any of their bars. They must be drunk or something. They spit like 8 bars and then go into that fucking "Yo yo.... okaaaay then.. listen" etc. thing over and over again.

I will up this one if any is interested in Ruff Sqwad at their worst.

Is it the one where they are giving out some free tickets? I swear one of the MCs on that is ridiculously lean and forgets what he is on about mid sentence at one point.

mos dan

fact music

thank you thank you thank you!

did anyone ever up that ruff sqwad rinse fm set from the same time (late 05) which featured them spitting over dnb at the end of an incredible live set? i know it's been discussed, and i have it on cassette, but i would need to take it to a mate's house do rip it to mp3 - unless someone has already got it digitally?

mos dan

fact music

listening back now.. i absolutely LOVE this period of ruff sqwad.. people can talk about the '04 vintage as much as they like, but that time when 'everybody's gotta learn' and 'who's mercs' and 'died in your arms' were first being played on radio was THE TIME afaic.

get them back on radio onna regs! someone contact geeneus and demand them back on sunday nights immediately please.

viktorvaughn

listening back now.. i absolutely LOVE this period of ruff sqwad.. people can talk about the '04 vintage as much as they like, but that time when 'everybody's gotta learn' and 'who's mercs' and 'died in your arms' were first being played on radio was THE TIME afaic.

get them back on radio onna regs! someone contact geeneus and demand them back on sunday nights immediately please.

Do you know what the very first tune on this set is? It's incredible.

I have a few other bits i'll upload tonight hopefully.

Rapid has a brilliant older lyric i like

"Dun know I show no mercy
Been a bad man since I went nursery
Girls trouble me, bell up my percy
When I get flu, girl wanna nurse me."

tom pr

I think that's when Ruff Sqwad were at their best; it's their most ambitious period productionwise, and Fuda and Shifty were really coming into their own as MCs. The Rinse sets from that period are proper journeys- wish I still had the one where they debuted 'Died in yr arms', as well as I think 'You make me wanna'...

mos dan

fact music
I think that's when Ruff Sqwad were at their best; it's their most ambitious period productionwise, and Fuda and Shifty were really coming into their own as MCs. The Rinse sets from that period are proper journeys- wish I still had the one where they debuted 'Died in yr arms', as well as I think 'You make me wanna'...

yeah that was heavy, me and alex bk bk rinsed those radio rips so much we ended up memorising the chat over the top:

'hold tight the plumstead massive, hold tight the se18 crew, who wants to f about? ...clap your hands' etc

and thanks for those sets vv! i don't think i have the second one.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
ARGHH all this makes me want to go to Tinchys release party on Friday...

BUT FWD WILL BE SO GOOD

BUT TINCHY IS A LOT

BUT RIKO B2B YOUNGSTA

BUT I WANT TO MAKE OUT WITH PEACHES GELDOF

CONFLICT

mos dan

fact music
Do you know what the very first tune on this set is? It's incredible.

christ on a goddamn bicycle WHAT is THAT??????? somehow didn't notice it the first time..

please please someone ID that. and then send me it in full on mp3 (lol). one of these days i'm going to have to steal rapid's PC i think.

EDIT: the first three songs on that set... DAMN

viktorvaughn

christ on a goddamn bicycle WHAT is THAT??????? somehow didn't notice it the first time..

please please someone ID that. and then send me it in full on mp3 (lol). one of these days i'm going to have to steal rapid's PC i think.

EDIT: the first three songs on that set... DAMN

Yeah, it's pretty spesh eh? Up there with my fave ever RSMD beats.

tom pr

yes! mcing over the instros to 'you make me wanna' and 'london' too! the show where they debut 'died in yr arms' along with rakes of other amazing songs is one of my all time favs. don't have it anymore though...

edit: i didnt realise how old that post was, looked back & i made practically the same reply at the time! haha.

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
yes! mcing over the instros to 'you make me wanna' and 'london' too! the show where they debut 'died in yr arms' along with rakes of other amazing songs is one of my all time favs. don't have it anymore though...

edit: i didnt realise how old that post was, looked back & i made practically the same reply at the time! haha.

it's as true now as it was the first time you wrote it haha.

okay, alex and i are going to get onto rapid about this.. watch this space we're on this ting, big tings a gwarn, look out for our mixtape, doing a lot etc etc

Elijah

Butterz
juss got off the phone with Rapid as it goes.

Expect some new bits in my set tomorow. Expect some Rapid on wax soon. Expect Rapid on Tinchys new album. And if I have my way expect Rapid doing a few remixes from now on