hadouken - 'real grindie'

matt b

Indexing all opinion
when was it then?, you dont even know what tune im talking about you twat.

anyway, i double checked and it was 96: swan-e (know who that is?) & fearless.

bandwagon jumper? oh, how insulting, if only it were true, ey?

i was referring to your statement that d'n'b was underground in '97- it wasn't. i remember.

plenty of people would have called you a bandwagon-jumper for getting into d'n'b as late as 1997 (how old are you? were you going to the labyrinth when you were 10 or something? T to the W to the A to the T)

and yes i know who swan-e is, thanks.

Last edited:

Smurfie

i was referring to your statement that d'n'b was underground in '97- it wasn't. i remember.

plenty of people would have called you a bandwagon-jumper for getting into d'n'b as late as 1997 (how old are you? were you going to the labyrinth when you were 10 or something? T to the W to the A to the T)

and yes i know who swan-e is, thanks.

no, im 19 you prat. i started listening to dnb when i was 12 instead of all that garage crap. I know about old tunes because i research and buy. And i think the very fact you've typed out: 'T to the W to the A to the T' confirms that you're a bit of bellend.

underground, compared to todays scene? i think so, i stand by my original statement.

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
mate, if you've got better things to do, get on and do them. stop coming round here with your pointless patter. as for your musical knowledge and credibility: where's your blog? where's your ace blogariddims mix? matt b has got both. git tae...

matt b

Indexing all opinion
no, im 19 you prat. i started listening to dnb when i was 12

so you got interested in d'n'b in 2000. no-one can make claims that d'n'b was underground in 2000. artistically dead, maybe. but not underground.

my point is, that its a bit silly slagging people off for jumping 'bandwagons' when others can easily say that about you. IN TWO GENRES.

And i think the very fact you've typed out: 'T to the W to the A to the T' confirms that you're a bit of bellend.

you've called me a twat, prat and a bellend now. please tell me you get the refernce above.

Smurfie

so you got interested in d'n'b in 2000. no-one can make claims that d'n'b was underground in 2000. artistically dead, maybe. but not underground.

The 99/00 scene, comapred to todays dnb, was a hell of a lot more underground, no? I think the fact they have a monthly LIQUID dnb night at my student union and that the local dnb nights are full of students proves that point.

my point is, that its a bit silly slagging people off for jumping 'bandwagons' when others can easily say that about you. IN TWO GENRES.

sorry if i wasn't listening to the birth of dnb as a fuckin' EMBRYO. And i've already proved how retarded it is calling me a bandwagon jumper, in reference to grime, previously.

you've called me a twat, prat and a bellend now. please tell me you get the refernce above.

Because you are, starting an argument for no reason. How old are you? 30? fuck off and get a life.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
The 99/00 scene, comapred to todays dnb, was a hell of a lot more underground, no? I think the fact they have a monthly LIQUID dnb night at my student union and that the local dnb nights are full of students proves that point.
Actually, my uni used to have DnB of various flavours every week or two back in 2000. On the whole, though, I think DnB probably is shifting more units and getting more radio play now than it was then - but the point is that a slight downturn in sales or exposure is not the same thing as a golden age of underground creativity.

john eden

male pale and stale

I think there is a point beyond which it is pointless to talk about "degrees of underground-ness". In my view this was reached by dnb around 1997. Other people may well put it earlier than that. I mean, there is an argument to be had about Fatboy Slim being more "underground" than Girls Aloud, but it's not actually worth having, is it?

Certainly the Tru-Playaz, Ram Records, and other nights I attended in 1997 (or was it later than that? OMG it might even have been 1998 or 1999! :eek: :D ) were full of people suspiciously like students. But I am not sure if this is the hallmark or not of underground clubbiness anyway.

I still managed to have a very good time indeed, hence my appalingly un-trainspotterish memory of it all.

Last edited:

matt b

Indexing all opinion
The 99/00 scene, comapred to todays dnb, was a hell of a lot more underground, no?

but earlier you said:
"i remember when it use to be proper underground and yet now its all commercial and full of students"
which isn't the same thing. it may well be more popular now than in 1999/00, but you can't claim that d'n'b was underground post-roni size's winning of the mercury (at the latest).

sorry if i wasn't listening to the birth of dnb as a fuckin' EMBRYO. And i've already proved how retarded it is calling me a bandwagon jumper, in reference to grime, previously.

i don't care if you started listening to it yesterday. its the silly statements i don't care for

How old are you? 30? fuck off and get a life.

i've got one thanks.
yours (at least your adult one) is just beginning.
start it by not being a dick. ;)

Noah Baby Food

I am the most underground person in the world so stop arguing. I'm so underground I'm like a cross between Lord Lucan, Shergar and Gollum, and I'm very pale.

fandango

Tiny Robot
i started listening to dnb when i was 12 instead of all that garage crap.

that's a bold post considering the board you're making it on! :D

as for this hadouken business...

100% proof

turd.gif

uncontaminated by talent, soul, or creativity.

Carter USM had energy, fuck it they were probably BETTER!

A redefinition of terrible.

fandango

Tiny Robot
but it probably sounds great if you've ONLY JUST discovered music, the same music your friends all only just discovered, straight out of sixth-form and have yet to develop any discernment whatsoever mind!

nah fuck it, it's still shit.

SkyJack

first post (well under this alias) from a long time lurker,

been pondering this whole phenomenon for a while,

something immediately grated about Hadouken,

but after similar inital reservations I've come round to Man Like Me in quite a big way

http://www.myspace.com/manlikeme

to me it smells of lower middle class londeners who may have visited an Indie club in their time, but who were also obssesed by heartless crew at their peak (it was hard not to be)..... I think its kinda interesting and I like the beats.

this fusion is interesting, it just often seems to be contrived posturing, rather than a genuine cross polination.

what are peoples thoughts on this guy.....