hadouken - 'real grindie'

Guybrush

Dittohead
first post (well under this alias) from a long time lurker,

been pondering this whole phenomenon for a while,

something immediately grated about Hadouken,

but after similar inital reservations I've come round to Man Like Me in quite a big way

http://www.myspace.com/manlikeme

to me it smells of lower middle class londeners who may have visited an Indie club in their time, but who were also obssesed by heartless crew at their peak (it was hard not to be)..... I think its kinda interesting and I like the beats.

this fusion is interesting, it just often seems to be contrived posturing, rather than a genuine cross polination.

what are peoples thoughts on this guy.....

He is a terrible rapper. The rapping/singing sounds better against the rock-ey backing on ‘Doughnut’ and ‘Single DAD’ (the best [least worst?] track of the four, I’d say) than on the dancehall/grime/etc. inspired numbers.

gumdrops

theres a piece on them in the new stool pigeon that i saw - not read the one in the NME yet. ive seen them in loads of places now, dazed and confused, the metro, one week to live, theyve got a lot of publicity.

mos dan

fact music
has anybody realised its all just a bit of craic? nathan barleyish craic but craic nonetheless.

hadouken are more like crack than craic: a corrosive influence on society that destroys lives and livelihoods, leaving nothing but a hollow shell where creativity once dwelt. {/massive overstatement}

i once got told off by loefah for comparing dubstep purists to stalin, you know. now that's my idea of good craic :rolleyes: