wu-tang's hidden gems

Mystagogue Vol 2 is more interesting than the demo tape I think;

SIDE A --- http://www.zshare.net/audio/8107735c8e5068/
SIDE B --- http://www.zshare.net/audio/81086136467df1/

"Mystagogue Vol. II was only ever released on audiotape, around 1996 or '97, packaged as a freebie with Slap skateboard magazine. In order to get it you had to buy the issue that was sold in skateboard shops (i.e., it wasn't packaged with bookshop or other newsstand copies). This is pretty early Wu, and at the time they had a board company that sponsored Kevin Taylor, who's now with Zoo York. The mix itself is gritty Rza, with bits from Tical adn 36 Chambers mixed with jazz and funk."

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
I'm keen for a re-up too :)

It's crazy that Wu used to have such an empire, from clothing right down to a skate company. When I started skating back in 98 I would always see Wu boards in mail order catalogues before I really knew who they were. Didn't really matter though as I knew anyone named Ghostface Killah had to be dope, which later proved itself right.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Or watch this version if you want to see some skating too:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Rob Welsh is class.

craner

Beast of Burden
I think this is the demented KP video you're after. It's something.

Mad.

craner

Beast of Burden
Talking this era, basically, this 1 sublime, oh,

craner

Beast of Burden
And, of course, this.

Oh.

craner

Beast of Burden
This album, so beautiful.

This is is just exquisite:

Whole album too. Better than Nas. As is:

craner

Beast of Burden
These.

With:

luka

i think you've lost your focus craner. thats just mid 90s hiphop from new york. the same songs you post on every vaguely hip-hop related thread in fact.

i want it all by La the Darkman is really nice

and he done a nice on with muggs on one of those soul assasin albums too.
incidentel,y i always like dthis song of that album.

et voila

2304189021_7da38cfa9b.jpg

http://www.zshare.net/download/635795157f4761ec/

gumdrops

im scared about hearing the new raekwon cuban linx 2 album. heard 1 or 2 things so far - definitely not terrible but not all that great either. just pretty much standard modern rae fare.

but heres a few oldies that hopefully havent been posted already (i used to fucking love these tracks)-
dark skinned assasin - lock shit down

la the darkman ft raekwon-as the world turns

capadonna - 97 mentality (he gets a bad rep, he had some good ones)

i wanted to post this one ghostface song with the line 'i bathe in a tub of guns' but i could only find this snippet -
http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/au...Wu-Tang-Clan-Kool-G-Rap-Da-Connection&ID=6221

i miss old ghostface before he became so melodramatic.