Clothes

tom pr

A well detailed shirt will suffice Tom!
I don't like me in shirts. it's a shame; i mean i wear them when i have to as we all do, but it's rare that i'll put on a collared shirt and think i look good and i'm jealous of people who do. i do have a burberry one (not in the trademark tartan) that i got for twenty quid or something six years ago and it looks quite fashionable now. i'm quite proud of that - never really wear it though.

Mind you, Gabriel Heatwave carries them off. Just.
We need a dissensus catwalk thread w/ pictures. i'm just too self-conscious to start it!

elgato

I just dont know
You wear cardigans AND horizontally candy-stiped polo shirts?

Well, your record collection makes up for it!

not at once, but certainly separately. the polo shirts less now, but for a while i wore a red one with horizontal white pinstripes, and a yellow, brown and white one!

but cardigans still are a big part of things for me. they're a good one for the workplace as a smart but not too smart option. i also wear what some might consider to be an audaciously patterned cardigan on the regular in casual environments. and there was also a time when a navy blue sleeveless number played a relatively large role in my life! all button-up and not barechest of course

i can feel the stern mixture of disapproval and disbelief beating down!

elgato

I just dont know
Rockist!

trainers have to be white, otherwise you are a ponce and an indie-kid.

lol

but seriously i can't imagine what colour trainers i would wear if they weren't at least a white base with colours augmenting, at least when wearing them with jeans

Paul you may be pleased to know that i was inspired by this thread to pull out my sleeveless cardigan (does that make it a tunic? given that its buttoned?) today, and im very glad i did *steadies himself*

viktorvaughn

I wear these if I'm feeling a bit jazzy!

81389_600.jpg

Also like these on an old school tip
nike-blazer.jpg

Elgato, what about Rod Lavers?
adidas-rod-laver.jpg

viktorvaughn

I don't like me in shirts. it's a shame; i mean i wear them when i have to as we all do, but it's rare that i'll put on a collared shirt and think i look good and i'm jealous of people who do. i do have a burberry one (not in the trademark tartan) that i got for twenty quid or something six years ago and it looks quite fashionable now. i'm quite proud of that - never really wear it though.

I wear a shirt or polo with a collar every single day.
Like you say, different things suit different people - T-shirts tend to look very boxy and rubbish on me, and I think shirt collars really frame the face nicely.

STN

sou'wester
Yeah, yeah I've seen you wearing your golas, listening to Belle and Sebastien and poking fun at 'chavs'.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
I don't like me in shirts. it's a shame; i mean i wear them when i have to as we all do, but it's rare that i'll put on a collared shirt and think i look good and i'm jealous of people who do.

What's the issue - why don't shirts suit you? I find shirts more and more attractive and useful as time goes on. Surely you just need to find a nice cotton one in black or white that will go with jeans and has a soft but well cut collar? i hate to say it but Gap has some good ones.

I have also started to wear ties again. It is a subtle act of rebellion now. The company I do most of my work with has an informal dress policy where ties are frowned upon. I really enjoy breaking that rule. But I can't remember the last time I saw a client who was wearing a tie, suits are still worn though fairly rare, but ties are almost completely verboten for business dress these days. Unless you're a lawyer or an auditor or something. Not even the finance people wear them. My current preferred model is a lovely knitted tie with delightfully colourful stripes. I want to get some more ties.

tom pr

What's the issue - why don't shirts suit you? I find shirts more and more attractive and useful as time goes on. Surely you just need to find a nice cotton one in black or white that will go with jeans and has a soft but well cut collar? i hate to say it but Gap has some good ones.
i don't know really. the one outfit where i think shirts do look good on me is wearing them with light coloured shorts and white canvas trainers like those Werth ones i posted earlier. i think it's definitely going to be about shorts this summer - i want to get a really nice pair of grey or beige ones. I need new sunglasses too.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Shirt with jeans -> untucked
shirt with proper trousers -> tucked in

So tucked in if you're wearing a tie, since you can't conceivably be wearing a tie with jeans. :cool:

john eden

male pale and stale
Shirt with jeans -> untucked
shirt with proper trousers -> tucked in

So tucked in if you're wearing a tie, since you can't conceivably be wearing a tie with jeans. :cool:

That is exactly what I was going to say.

I've started wearing shirts out these days....

so far so good and a nice break from t-shirts and jeans.

woops

is not like other people
not entirely true. faded baggy levis? not a good idea. but there is most certainly tie-friendly denim. i do this on the regular

so assuming the existence of tie friendly denim and denim friendly ties, i still wanna know whether to tuck my shirt in or not...