Clothes

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
That would be a real headache for a commited foot-fetishist, Nomad.

A little rain? There are 4 feet of snow, literally, where I am now and it doesn't slow me down.

Or was this some sort of innuendo about trampling?:cool:

Last edited:

nomadthethird

i would definitely do 1. thin straps are always better than thick. if you had more options i would say less bulky, lighter, thinner.

Why am I not surprised that you'd say this?

I don't always want to look like I'm at a wedding reception, I just already have a bunch of gladiator pumps and sandals, not as many stillettos.

nomadthethird

They look kinda great which is why I'd be wary, exactly. If in doubt go for plain or ragga, no in betweens.

I had to jack in my tasteful wool and sailor thing ( last year's schott charity shop jacket! ) cos a shop opened up in trendtown selling everything I'd been wearing ( no joke! ) so I'm rocking early 90s hiphop now. So I vote for anything that looks Versayce. Never goes out of fashion, never comes into fashion.

Except yer Italian, innit? It might mean something different.

PS I think you must look great in 90s hiphop. Mike used to have these really great pro-Ked hi tops that were remakes of the originals that were awesome.

nochexxx

harco pronting
this what i've been hanging out in.
193485567_o.jpg

zhao

there are no accidents
Why am I not surprised that you'd say this?

because i have an informed, refined, and sophisticated sense of aesthetics and personal style? :D

(not because i like anorexic women, which i don't. thin straps also look better on chubster girls)

nomadthethird

because i have an informed, refined, and sophisticated sense of aesthetics and personal style? :D

(not because i like anorexic women, which i don't. thin straps also look better on chubster girls)

Nope, because you're a straight guy. It is very typical for straight men to like the super girly looking shoes that they'd sell at like Victoria's Secret.

Personally I think ultra-thin straps look a little too South Beach at best, at worst they look like a woman over 40 trying to look young. I really don't like Jimmy Choo at all. I also hate Manolo Blahnik.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

I dunno, surely that increases the risk of the straps digging in, thus causing the notorious 'bulge' effect to either side? Not really a great look...

nomadthethird

I dunno, surely that increases the risk of the straps digging in, thus causing the notorious 'bulge' effect to either side? Not really a great look...

I like how's there's either anorexic thin or chubby, no in-betweens!

The bulge effect is known as the "muffin top" over here. I think you need to be careful with stillettos, if you're over a certain size you might start to look like an elephant with a toothpick strapped to your foot.

zhao

there are no accidents
gift to myself this winter was a pair of teal suede boots by Sisley. TEAL! my favorite color!

couldn't find a picture but kind of the male version of this but without the decorative bits - totally minimal:

clabelteal.jpg

nochexxx

harco pronting
on a more serious note (and i'm slightly emabarassed to ask this :eek:) does anyone know the best way to wash woolen clothes in a washing machine?