aim high vol.2

Woebot

bun-u said:
perhaps it’s time to start taking this kind of DVD seriously? –I mean as a product for pushing the scene rather than just spin-off memorabilia. We’ve now got the long tradition of small cottage industries producing records independently, but the DVDs are perhaps now needed because of the void left by the necessary exposure of being on music TV. In other words, maybe the days of independent music in its traditional one-dimensional form – just records - are long gone?

Yeah this is COMPLETELY ACCURATE bun-U. I reckon its the new format. Has all kinds of implications. I spose the tapepack, not the twelve inch was the media for Ardkore as well, so some medial transgression there too, but this feels like a SIGNIFICANT shift.

orson

Melchior said:
Ok, so where is the best place to order this stuff from? i want to get Aim High, maybe Risky Roads but i also don't want to wait for another 4 months for vice Australia to put out the Run the Road comp.

Any suggestions?

rhythm division
uptown
blackmarket

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
Hmmm. Those DVDs work out pretty expensive with pstage. Luckilly I might have a way around that. Thanks for posting the internet links!

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
Remember that if you live outside the EU you don't have to pay VAT (which is 17.5%) so subtract that from the prices on the pages.

AshRa

Just watching Aim High 2 now for the first time - WHAT IS THAT GUY DOING ON THE GUITAR?!

Was the little guy outside Rhythm Division the one you were all going on about being scary? He's the best so far...

AshRa

that bit when Lady Stush chucks a weave into the crowd is well funny!

Just watching Donae'o doing a soul freestyle on the street - is this out on wax at all?

Also has anybody got a copy of the Lady Stush LP that used to be advertised on the Social Circles website? I've never seen it anywhere but i'd LOVE a copy! :D

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
I've seen people mention elsewhere some bit where these crazy Lithuanians are smoking weed out of a pipe, but I've never even seen that bit...where is it on the dvd?

S

simon silverdollar

the bit with the lithuanians is on the 'extras' bit of the dvd, which you can get to on the main menu

orson

jack said:
yeah that's fucking funny. when flo dan can't believe it! 'It's Lithuanian!'

yeah .. that pipe thing ... hahah .. flowdan is crazy he is smoking spliffs 24/7 ..

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
simon silverdollar said:
the bit with the lithuanians is on the 'extras' bit of the dvd, which you can get to on the main menu

that would be why. when I got back to New York I (geek that I am) ripped it to my hard drive, but only the main part of it.

Fiddy

luka said:
your dvd is fucked. there is sound on the music videos. sorry.

If you're playing it on a PS2 the music video's won't work, if you're playing it on a standard DVD player then yes, you've been bumped.

As for Logans Mix CD 2, don't think it's dropped yet.

I've also got the promotional DVD Rolling Deeper that's not coming out, does anyone know if it's possible to upload DVD's, it's about 30 mins long?!

Last edited:

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
minikomi said:
hey Melchior im in aus too so if you find a good solution, let me know!

I will, but so far I suspect the best solution is to get my mum (who's in London right now) to pick soem stuff up for me and send it over...

As far as I can tell there's no one over here who's playing this sound, let alone bringing in the 12's and mix tapes. And my half assed distro days are well and truely behind me!

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
Fiddy said:
I've also got the promotional DVD Rolling Deeper that's not coming out, does anyone know if it's possible to upload DVD's, it's about 30 mins long?!

DVD Ripping made easy:

First, get DVD Decrypter. Install, and then rip the DVD files to your hard drive.

Then, get Auto Gordian Knot which is a program that automates all the various processes needed to take the raw dvd files and turn them into an avi. AutoGK has a very good tutorial file that can guide you through the process. You can choose the size of the finished avi file through AutoGK, and so really the question is what level of quality you want. When I rip stuff myself I generally figure that about an hour and a half dvd should be between 700 and 800 megs, as that is a reasonable size (I got a lot of hard drive space) and the quality remains very good.

The thing is, uploading a couple hundred megs as a file (1) takes a while, and (2) would cause havoc with your bandwidth, so you'd probably want to compress it quite heavily. The main problem with that is that the quality would be shit, so a better solution would be to set it up as a bit torrent file. I don't know if you know about Bit Torrent, but it's easily the best way to distribute large files. I can explain it if you like?