catalog

With all the pubs closing in the country it is a crime that this is still trading. Empty, dingy interior populated by unfriendly locals and a sarcastic barman/landlord. No real ales, the Boddingtons tastes like banana! Awful on every conceivable level.

Avoid at ALL costs!
Report this for removal
lesamourai - 25 May 2010 19:

catalog

I took a short break from drinking last night and fell asleep on the sofa for 2 hours. Then woke up at 3 this morning feeling awful. Smoked too many fags. Total damage last night was 1 ping of carlsberg, I pint of carling, 4 bottles of bierra moretti, 5 or 6 fags.

I don't think the karma swapping has quite worked yet, I'm maybe a quarter of the way there?

catalog

it is actually a really brilliant pub, you should all come. we could do a takeover. they have the telly on all the time and it's always playing VH1 hits from the 70s.

pint of carling costs 2.75.

luka

i'll come. i want my first exposure to the north to be gentle. slawit looks really nice and has the sort of amenties i require.

luka

London to Slaithwaite

Leave now

2 hr 49 min
10:40 - 13:29
  • uk-rail.png
  • walk.png
  • uk-rail.png
10:40 from London Euston Station

luka

There are several traditional public houses in Slaithwaite, including the Commercial, the Shoulder of Mutton, the Swan, and the 'Silent Woman' which came to the attention of the world media on 23 September 2007, when a man walked into the pub and ordered a pint of beer a few minutes after he had murdered his son and attacked his daughter with a knife

luka

i actually am going to go to slaithwaite. i cant stay with catalog though becasue i am allergic to dogs so lucky escape for him. i'll have to get the last train home. i'll take edmund with me so i have a native guide.

catalog

massively overrated the craft scene.

interesting with carling though, i thought it had died and gone, no-one drinks it do they? but in this pub, it was really nice. i think just cos that's what everyone drinks in the pub. remember the carling ads?

the other pub has ale direct from the local brewery ('empire') and it's heavenly. basically how ale should be, hoppy but no bite.

luka

i say everyone but i have to meet a group of friends in a brewdog pub in a few weeks cos they still havent switched back to lager. whats that quote about history doesnt progress evenly, it overlaps?