the Ess Oh Vee!

nomos

Administrator
Fuck "random" let's focus, people!
Precisely.

@ Dial - You're right, cool and random are very different words, but the latter often replaces the former now. It's the vacuousness with which the term is so often used that gets on my nerves. It's entirely non-committal, an equivalent of the similarly inane "it's all good." There's no affect.

Chaos breeds all sorts of potentials, sure, but wise men once cautioned: "smooth spaces are not in themselves liberatory... Never believe that a smooth space will suffice to save us." A quick browse through this wastebin of humanity is evidence enough of the emptiness of the random in and of itself. But I don't remember the lyrics to the Sov track though so maybe she has found a deeper wisdom that I've yet to tap into.

Either way, Menta's beats are sick. The blueprint for his version of 'Random' is arguably 'Ramp' with Ms Dynamite. A more solid effort overall.

Guybrush

Dittohead
A quick browse through this wastebin of humanity is evidence enough of the emptiness of the random in and of itself.

I cannot believe someone approved this photo-series title:

hotelrwanda7tk.jpg

Beguiles belief.

swears

preppy-kei
"random"

Amongst my circle of friends and other young people I speak to (around the NW of England btw) "random" is used in two ways:

1: Adjective denoting something unusual, say if we were all sitting in the pub and suddenly the Dali Lama walked in unannounced, somebody would most probably utter "Random." inbetween sips of Fosters.

2: (noun) A stranger involved in a one-night stand. "Who Bob shag last week, was it Bill's sister?"
"Nah, just some random."

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I just find it annoying partly because annoying people tend to use it. Specifically, teenagers/twenty-somethings who describe things as either "blatant" or "dodgy" on the rare occasions something isn't "random".

"Random" humour is also fucking annoying, as in Shooting Stars and Green Wing. Gah.

You're old.

eproductionmuzc

Wild Horses
Does anyone know where I can get some promotion? This has nothing to do with a career or anything just a fun sort of project. I want to promote our myspace and get a lot of friends before we start to add our more recent, better material. We have planned a wide variety of projects.

hoodie club productions
:cool:

N

nomadologist

Amongst my circle of friends and other young people I speak to (around the NW of England btw) "random" is used in two ways:

1: Adjective denoting something unusual, say if we were all sitting in the pub and suddenly the Dali Lama walked in unannounced, somebody would most probably utter "Random." inbetween sips of Fosters.

2: (noun) A stranger involved in a one-night stand. "Who Bob shag last week, was it Bill's sister?"
"Nah, just some random."

In America, inarticulate people with nothing to say will use "random" as a filler just about anywhere. But it's most common when someone means to say "x is strange" or "y is absurd", mostly. the very worst abuse of "random" here is when someone says it when they mean to say that something is an uncanny coincidence. as in "i was just reading x's book and i saw him on the subway AND at the restaurant--that is sooo random."

i fucking hate that, too, Mr. Tea

oops i'll tack "lady sov" on here to seem relevant

PS EMUSICPRODUCTIONS whatever, stop fucking hawking your myspace page and your personal projects. No one cares about adding bands on myspace unless they'rer 1) your friends, or 2) you find them hilariously bad and/or wonder how on earth that new age reggaeton fusion artist with one tape-recorded track found you and approve them for kicks until their trillion bulletins a day annoy the shit out of you and you delete them.

Last edited:

eproductionmuzc

Wild Horses
sorry about posting that? I can be irrelevant too...considering that most of this thread is talking about peoples sexual preference. Anyways truce!
:cool:

being up in Leeds no I'm afraid and being a bit behind the times these days Ive only just heard her in the last few weeks.
Now I have I can't believe she isnt the biggest thing in England at the moment...catchy tunes, from the underground, marketable personality amd most importantly, at least as far as the mainstream goes, original. Actually to my jaded old musical pallete one of the first original but commercial things I've heard in a long while...

Surely it's only a matter of time...

Last edited:

woops

is not like other people
look everybody!

sick boy just fucked up!

now we all know that he's the android from the a+r dept

nobody trust him anymore