Ongoing 2007 Electronic releases

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Just to clarify my point re: Akai samplers, I was trying to say that there was nothing about the track I heard that seemed unique to a certain piece of software.

I was making no comment on whether or not good music can be made with old equipment.

Listened to that Bodzin mix on RA and found it a bit boring. Not bad, but nothing grabbed me. Got a feeling techno doesn't work when you're feeling knackered?

DJ PIMP

I do have to be in the mood for an all Bodzin-style mix as it can get a bit monochromatic vibe-wise, alternating between dark and brooding, and brooding and dark.

The happiest sounding thing hes done that I've heard is "Cucuma" - which is quite lovely. Bit of a "mysterious door to a secret garden" type affair.

But just listen to Kerosene, Bedford, Papillon, Tron, Pleasure Seeker, Mucky Star etc in their entirety (headphones?); those tracks are sick to death.

I'll chuck some of them in that mix I'm making for you, haha...

leamas

the field

just heard a few tracks off the much debated field album.

i'm sympathetic to the contingent who don't like the production values. some of the tracks (eg over the ice) work really well. but tracks like 'a paw in my face' and 'everyday' are really weak. interesting that kompakt are putting this out as it's really hit and miss. then again you can see how some of the tracks would fit really well in michael mayer's sets.

without wanting to get overly technical, it's not necessarily the obvious sequencing which lets it down, but it just sounds really flat- certainly over my monitors - there's no depth or dynamics to it. the drums sound crap and the patches he's used are really boring.

... just listening over again and the more i hear it the less i like it (apart from over the ice).

reminds me a bit of mylo's album in terms of the concept, but not as effective.

straight

wings cru
there was a bit of chat on here about hand on the plow recently, i advise anyone who has any sense to pick up Plowtrax vol 1, the most spannered funky house ive heard all year, its cheerin the hangover right out of my saturday morning. worth the asking price (less than a pint) for the james brown grunts on guitar beat http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=30902

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
i would like to mention the new remix of steve barnes on my best friend by the silent jeffs, aka my pal tom and felix and al from hot chip, they have soem more stuff coming too.

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
Ok, what's with the slowdown :)

I declared April new music month so I need to know what to buy. Already got some dubstep thanks to the Peverelist mix now I need some german stuff. Keep the recommendations coming. Though there's been a lot to chew over in the thread so far. Love that Dial stuff. The new Perlon is quite good. Come on, what's setting the discerning dancefloors around your parts (or in your head) on fire?

Can I ask a question? This is sincere and not sarcastic or anything...
I am pretty confused over genres and I don't know most of the artists mentioned in this thread.
I would have thought that dubstep and house are both electronic music but they have seperate threads.
Is this where I post about things I like such as DJ Traxx, Dopplereffekt, Urban Tribe... what I just call techno?
Or is this thread for another electronic sub-genre that I am unaware of?

sorry / thanks etc

DJ PIMP

yet to find someone who doesn't like ascii disko - closer.

the new jona on get physical is nice, laid back, melodic minimal-tech-house electro-funky-house house-house. house.

lutzenkirchen - a view to the sea & music for the girls - huggotron mix
rossell & monochrome - juber - mexico city mix
koletzki & meindl - erferding berlin ep
bodzin & huntemann - sao paolo

and a couple of big, voxy, immaculate club joints:

margot - torch - namitos torture mix
level 42 - lessons in love - mischa daniels remix

tons of other stuff i could write about all day...

OK well Calabi Yau Spaces by Dopplereffekt is coming soon, sounds amazing, similar style to their Linear Accelerator CD or the Zyklus album Biometry.

Also loving the new Urban Tribe album also on Rephlex, especially the fast tracks.

DJ Traxx & Tadd Mullinix keep doing really good slow dark acid tracks.... I want to post some Juno links but their website's not happening right this minute....

mms

sometimes
DJ Traxx & Tadd Mullinix keep doing really good slow dark acid tracks.... I want to post some Juno links but their website's not happening right this minute....

that last ep was good, he must release one of them every two weeks now
your ep is good too let's rep you - it's called snow cub!

the quiet village black devil mix on loeb is great.
autechre mix of surgeon is great too, best and most cohesive thing they dun in ages.

the margerita acid ep, the second one is aceness.