Irredeemably naff music

N

nomadologist

i fucking love Sean Paul. he's so trashy. i loved his cornrows phase. he's great, and his songs have amazing hooks. it's great pop.

N

nomadologist

what does naff even mean? i think i know, but i'm not sure...

stelfox

Beast of Burden
jesus i talk and write about riddims, joints, bangers, slaps and all kinds of shit all the time.
i am white and english.
still, if it gives someone a laugh, i guess i couldn't complain, either.

ripley

I totally enjoy Sean Paul. he does his thing. I wouldn't confuse it with other things. It's pop. But it works for me.

irredeemably naff music in the age of irony is hard to come by.

I mean, Elton John I guess? Kenny G? but who really cares about that stuff? it's not part of my world. Whoever it is that loves that stuff, good on you, just don't make me listen.

but I'll still watch and LOVE Yacht Rock

Guybrush

Dittohead
irredeemably naff music in the age of irony is hard to come by.

I mean, Elton John I guess? Kenny G? but who really cares about that stuff? it's not part of my world. Whoever it is that loves that stuff, good on you, just don't make me listen.

01. Oh Timbaland
02. Give It To Me f/Nelly Furtado & Justin Timberlake
03. Release f/Justin Timberlake
04. The Way I Am f/Keri Hilson & D.O.E.
05. Bounce f/Justin Timberlake, Missy Elliott & Dr. Dre
06. Come And Get Me f/50 Cent & Tony Yayo
07. Kill Yourself f/Sebastian & Attitude
08. Board Meeting f/Magoo
09. Fantasy f/Money
10. Scream f/Keri Hilson & Nicole Scherzinger
11. Miscommunication f/Keri Hilson & Sebastian
12. Bombay f/Amar & Jim Beanz
13. Throw It On Me f/The Hives
14. Time f/She Wants Revenge
15. One And Only f/Fall Out Boy
16. Apologize f/One Republic
17. Two Man Show f/Elton John

:eek:

Octopus?

Elton John? Don't have any time for what he's doing now, but "Tumbleweed Connection" is a stone cold classic that still gets play around these parts. 'Ballad of a Well-Known Gun'? 'Burn Down The Mission'? So very good.

I also love Sean Paul, so take that as you will.

Elton John: the "Blue Moves" album, plus singles like "Someone Saved My Life Tonight", "Philadelphia Freedom" - top quality stuff

Last edited:

STN

sou'wester
This looks dreadful, but I'm curiously glad it exists. It did make me laugh too. I know we're all past irony now but come on.

http://tinyurl.com/yu5wkw

Edit: oh god, Lieutentant Stichie and Lady Saw are on it...

Diaz

new age ambient hippy bollocks

if we're talking critical approval here i'm pretty sure this is off the mark (much as we might wish it wasn't), if we include shit like Jarre alongside shit like mannhein steamroller.

you are probably dead on about the third wave ska revival stuff, though, as long as we exclude operation ivy, because operation ivy were fucking awesome and were totally necessary and sufficient for bringing significant amounts of that awesome to the chilluns (youngers?) in the US and if i have to i'll put on a music critic hat just to defend them.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
why exactly is sean paul naff?
is it really just because he's popular?

I don't like the vocals and I don't like the music either, I just find them both intensely annoying. Whether other people like him or not has no bearing on my opinion. What I object to is that it's the kind of music that is often forced on one, in a record shop or a student union bar or something like that, which I guess wouldn't happen if he weren't reasonably popular.

mms

sometimes
I don't like the vocals and I don't like the music either, I just find them both intensely annoying. Whether other people like him or not has no bearing on my opinion. What I object to is that it's the kind of music that is often forced on one, in a record shop or a student union bar or something like that, which I guess wouldn't happen if he weren't reasonably popular.

do you like dancehall in any way shape or form?
as i don't see much different from him and other dancehall people except he's got a catchier voice and is maybe slightly clearer than some other deejays.