what did you listen to today?

zhao

there are no accidents
also would recommend the John Tillbury / Marcus Schmickler collabo... lovely 50 minutes of piano / electronics...

in addition, all the combinations of following people in group settings should be of an expected level of quality - Gunter Muller, Toshimaru Nakemura, Keith Rowe, Tetsu Saitoh, Tetusiu Akiyama, Jason Kahn, Kurtzmann, Yoshihide, etc...

polystyle

Koner's Permafrost - nice one Zhao , have to dig that one out again ...

Otherwise , today :

Cluster & Eno
K Jarrett Paris Concert
R Sakamoto Warhead
The Knife Silent Scream selected cuts
Lonnie Liston Smith Visions Of A New World
Happy End
Excepter Cocaine mix
Ike Yard Oshima cassette
Deep Purple Hush
Cont. >

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Today?

Hi Tek-HiTeknology 2: The Chip
Alchemist presents The Cutting Room Floor
Alchemist presents Insomnia
Black Milk-Sound Of The City
Masta Ace-Slaughtahouse
Amy Winehouse-Frank
Amy Winehouse-Back To Black
Teedra Moses-Complex Simplicity
The Police- Message In A Box Disc #3
RZA Presents Afro Samurai OST
Group Home-Livin' Proof Instrumentals
Hellsenda Productions Instrumentals (check the sig for MySpace pages to hear some)

One.

STN

sou'wester
I have decided to start liking The Fall again so listened to Hex Enduction Hour, and by God I enjoyed it.

jeanne

Jeanne
The Shins from their album 'Phantomb limb'. I have the title track set on my phone to wake me up in the mornings - so I guess that would be the last thing I listened to.

shudder

Just found Associates - Sulk on vinyl for $5, so I picked it up last night (have it on CD), and gave it a spin today. Loved it, as usual, but noticed something strange on Club Country: the extended breakdown 3/4 of the way through! This is NOT on my CD version! Doubly happy I got the cheap vinyl now. Anyone else noticed this?

gek-opel

entered apprentice
My dad's got an original vinyl copy- I seem to recall there's an extended version that is different to my one on CD, so yes...

shudder

My dad's got an original vinyl copy- I seem to recall there's an extended version that is different to my one on CD, so yes...

the thought of my father listening to Associates is just hilarious. What kind of father do you have? My parents don't understand the first thing about pop music, let alone, say, dark maximalist crooning new pop. They simply have no context for anything I listen to! Let alone dance musics!

polystyle

Snow musik

The first Christ CD
Satie piano works selection
Popol Vuh selection
Siouxsie & The Banshees Twice Upon A Time The singles

Light snow on the ground this morning set some mood
Now it's all workmen scraping , cart motors running

zhao

there are no accidents
what is this "Christ"?

first half of my day was filled with Schubert's Impromptus -- oh how I wished that it would never end, but go on for ever and ever...

and now it is Galina Ustvolskaya's Trio for violin, clarinet and piano, and other pieces. just awesome.

polystyle

Yeah, quite the name right ?
It's the solo work of one of the Boards Of Canada guys,
think there's a new one out about now.
One can hear the BOC -ness on some of the cuts ,
some cuts are all drift -y , deftly produced , more ambient then BOC
I got it burned onto CDR from friends some time ago , still holds up

The listening went on through the day >

The Essential Sly & The Family Stone
And this 'music for robots' collection that we got from Japan on Alfa /Yen /PCD
which goes through YMO, Jun Togawa , Snakeman Show , Test Pattern and this cut I luv by Maps that sounds quite influenced by D Bowie's Ashes To Ashes ...

MankyFiver

finally got my hands on nothing/armour - rene halkett and david jay 7" - bahaus (art movement) meets bahaus (member of group) - beautiful stuff
mudboy/orphan fairytale split lp
don blackman lp
n'sel fik / get ready for the future - supersound 12"
maria maria - milton nascimento £1 cd from fopp

mms

sometimes
Yeah, quite the name right ?
It's the solo work of one of the Boards Of Canada guys,
think there's a new one out about now.
One can hear the BOC -ness on some of the cuts ,
some cuts are all drift -y , deftly produced , more ambient then BOC
I got it burned onto CDR from friends some time ago , still holds up

its a guy who claims to have been part of the original boc lineup but it's not true really, i think it has pissed them off in the past, he's a former pal i think.

i listened to tamba 4 - 'we and the sea', nail sharp bossa. and dilla shining instrumentals.

whilst trying to track down the sylvers debut album for a suprise for a friends wedding, can anyone help?

Last edited: