Great 4x4 Garage

benw

wow that looks top... gonna get on this. dont know the catalogue as well as i should - what in particular do people recommend?

Benny Bunter

wow that looks top... gonna get on this. dont know the catalogue as well as i should - what in particular do people recommend?

Neither do I, lots of unfamiliar names, but I can definitely vouch for DC Sensation (aka Jeremy Sylvester i think) 'Precision EP', thats a monster- very junglist sounding. Also 'Love is what you need' by Living Large (also JS?) but there are loads of remixes of that and i can't remember which is the best.

edit: the GI Sly tracks on this comp as well are immense http://www.junodownload.com/products/zest4life-catalogue-001-031/1938425-02/

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

Can you believe I just finished ripping my whole vinyl collection of the label a few weeks ago not knowing this :slanted:

Ice Cream have been digitally re-releasing some old tunes as well, now someone get Confetti to do the same!!

bummer...do you ever play the vinyl rips out?

I managed to pick up a few of those Confetti records for cheap in bargain bin once, but the prices on discogs are ridiculous now. For me the stuff on Confetti and what I've heard of Nice N Ripe is some of the best, most jungly sounding garage I've ever heard. Jeremy Sylvester was such a don! G.O.D., Strickly Dubz, 24 hour Experience etc etc...

benw

Neither do I, lots of unfamiliar names, but I can definitely vouch for DC Sensation (aka Jeremy Sylvester i think) 'Precision EP', thats a monster- very junglist sounding. Also 'Love is what you need' by Living Large (also JS?) but there are loads of remixes of that and i can't remember which is the best.

edit: the GI Sly tracks on this comp as well are immense http://www.junodownload.com/products/zest4life-catalogue-001-031/1938425-02/

nice one mate, had a browse and another good tip is the 24 hour experience EP with together and allnighter on it, cant remember what its called.

wise

bare BARE BONES
I just blew £60 on Nice N Ripe sub label catalogs 250 odd tracks :D
All in FLAC, that's some download.........
Got to save up for the others now

I hadn't heard the Ruff Definition stuff before, rough tribally house sounds like it would mix well with current sounds

Last edited:
bummer...do you ever play the vinyl rips out?

I managed to pick up a few of those Confetti records for cheap in bargain bin once, but the prices on discogs are ridiculous now. For me the stuff on Confetti and what I've heard of Nice N Ripe is some of the best, most jungly sounding garage I've ever heard. Jeremy Sylvester was such a don! G.O.D., Strickly Dubz, 24 hour Experience etc etc...
I try to avoid it if I can have the vinyl with me, but I've done it a few times.
Although no matter how much you fiddle with the gain you'll always notice a loss of pressure when the rip comes in. And I've seen it happen to people who claims to rip them on a professional studio as well. But hey, if there's no other way to play the tune I don't care too much for it.

This one is on Juno now and was one of my favorites:

Jeremy Sylvester is a legend indeed

denoir

Looks great but what about the sq? Wasn't really happy with the quality of most of the tracks on the "Best of Jeremy Sylvester" comps...

wise

bare BARE BONES
Looks great but what about the sq? Wasn't really happy with the quality of most of the tracks on the "Best of Jeremy Sylvester" comps...

They sound good to me, but then I thought the Jeremy Sylvester comps sound ok too, what's yr issue with them?
A lot of the track titles are wrong which is annoying but what else?

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Still no closer to IDing this one. It's a Stephanie Mills vocal. Grant Nelson did one but not this one.
The 'rush001' cat is no good on discogs. The style alone should point to who it is but I can't put my finger on it.