Live Earth

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Vimothy has credibility?

OK, so he thinks all the world's problems can be solved by the free market, but at on the plus side he doesn't write things like "...the breaking down of the single central canonical narrative into a thread of multifarious interwoven paths..."

gek-opel

entered apprentice
But this is all so general as to be meaningless. I know that everyone is talking to you Gek and you can't answer everybody but earlier on I asked how someone subverting capital after this manner would differ in behaviour from (say) Vimothy and I still want to see an answer to this question.
Another problem is that your creed seems to be a recipe for doing nothing because small changes are worthless and big changes (economic or environmental collapse) are impossible to bring about (even if they can be shown to be for the better which is something you haven't approached doing).

In part it doesn't. But in other respects, you work capital specifically against the state. You apply the creativity of the financial system to accelerate capitalism, with the intent of removing any stabilizing factors. The financial system is to be preferred over vast monopolistic corporations because they may lead to a secondary position of stability. The common understanding of what Capitalism IS what it DOES who it is FOR is transformed by promoting its most negative functionality as its primary purpose, unpicking and undermining the hard work of people like Vim.

Of course- this is an argument in favour of total solutions over micro-solutions. I've only come to this way of thinking by consideration of the grotesque flaws in charity, why charity (specifically "one-shot" mediatized appeals) is worse in the long run because, to simplify things ridiculously, it tends to apply short term or micro-scaled solutions to problems which have their root causes elsewhere, and which remain unaddressed. They make things worse because they enable people to effectively believe the problem is solved ("what- Global poverty? We sorted that last year. We had a concert, don't you remember?!?") more systemic solutions are impossible for as long as people treat inhuman-scaled problems with human scaled emotions and solutions. So whilst in a blinkered view the Left are to be applauded for clawing back ground from the Right, in a long term view it amounts to total disaster- ameliorating certain effects whilst enabling Capital to become ever more pervasive at every level. This is why empathy/sentiment and morality need to be separated ASAP.

@Vim- Yes I am aware of some aspects of 5GW.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Thank you for elaborating somewhat but it's still too general, could you describe what one should actually do towards this on a day-to-day basis? Maybe some examples of actions consistent with this philosophy?
Also, what reason do you have to believe that capitalism can be accelerated to an end point - why can't it just keep getting faster?

"Of course- this is an argument in favour of total solutions over micro-solutions etc"
Yes, I recognise what you say there regarding charity etc. I just fear that your total (final?) solution is never going to materialise and you are left with neither that nor a "clawing back" of ground - in fact what do you have?
Obviously you are already aware of that risk and think it is worth taking but how would you convince others of this? Presumably that's quite important because you can't do it on your own right?

vimothy

yurp
OK, so he thinks all the world's problems can be solved by the free market, but at on the plus side he doesn't write things like "...the breaking down of the single central canonical narrative into a thread of multifarious interwoven paths..."

Free market capitalism and demoracy, actually