alex

Do not read this.
just got called a 'weasal' by chef because I said I thought he wheeled that Mala track 'eyes' 5 times to many (which was ignorant, as it was only 2) on the clip which is up on the interwebz at the moment.

The tune is poor by mala's standards imo.

continuum

smugpolice
couple of my mates have just done this mix -

http://www.sendspace.com/file/n18sou

Tracklisting:

1. Deadmau5 - Ghost n Stuff (Nero Remix)
2. Mr Hudson - White Lies (Rusko Remix)
3. Boy Crisis - Dress to Digress (Nero remix)
4. Riz MC - Sway (Sukh Knight Remix)
5. Bassnectar - Ready to Rage
6. Crissy Criss - Kick Snare
7. Mistabishi - Printer Jam (Barbarix Remix)
8. Datsik - Against the Machines
9. Chase & Status - Running
10. Nneka - Heartbeats (Chase & Status)
11. Plastician - Guilty
12. Sukh Knight - Up in the Smoke
13. Sukh Knight - Diesel Not Petrol
14. Giant - Drumstix
15. Trolley Snatcha - The Future
16. Giant - Rocker
17. Subsacpe - Badman
18. Rusko - Woo Boost
19. Kid Sister - Pro Nails (Rusko Remix)
20. Basment Jaxx - Feelings Gone (Rusko Remix)
21. Booty Luv - Say It (Nero Remix)
22. Bar9 - Bakin Bread
23. Datsik - Nukem
24. Vaski - Jig
25. Schema - Chutney Grip
26. Vaski - World of Fire
27. Datsik & Excision - Calypso
28. George Lenton - Jungle Whomp
29. George Lenton - Troll
30. Joker - How do you like me know
31. Joker - Purple City

unclerico

just got called a 'weasal' by chef because I said I thought he wheeled that Mala track 'eyes' 5 times to many (which was ignorant, as it was only 2) on the clip which is up on the interwebz at the moment.

The tune is poor by mala's standards imo.

yeah but unfortunately if you say he wheeled it 5 times when it was only 2 and then hassle the track, and THEN go whinging cryptically about it in an overdramatic fashion (eg. "croyden elite") on another forum you are acting pretty much asking to be likened to a weasel

and imo you're wrong about the track, it's a belter of a tune

alex

Do not read this.
no winging, they are entitled to defend criticism about the track. Could have come across a little less bitter about it I suppose (me I mean) but I wasnt complaining lol. Dunno about the overdramatical bit though mate. What else would you use to describe skream, benga, chef, LD, etc...etc..? Okay, erm the Rinse Croydon Team? I dunno lol, it wasnt a dig. Whatever though, I just found weasal funny.

hopper

some of the croydon lot do certainly have a tendency to be a bit over defensive about tunes at times... especially on dsf back in the day

unclerico

no winging, they are entitled to defend criticism about the track. Could have come across a little less bitter about it I suppose (me I mean) but I wasnt complaining lol. Dunno about the overdramatical bit though mate. What else would you use to describe skream, benga, chef, LD, etc...etc..? Okay, erm the Rinse Croydon Team? I dunno lol, it wasnt a dig. Whatever though, I just found weasal funny.

guess it just seemed a bit unfair cos i read it as if he was annoyed at you for misrepresenting something he did, not necessarily cos you didn't like the tune

the overdramtic bit is cos you were talking about chef, it's not like the "rinse croydon team" all began spamming you en masse!

but yes, weasal is funny alright!

Last edited:

Blackdown

nexKeysound
weasel crew is a uniquely skream insult, stems from one of the croydon lot (skream, hijack, benga, chef) dad's calling someone a weasel, i forget exactly how and when but it's a belter of an expression!

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
some of the croydon lot do certainly have a tendency to be a bit over defensive about tunes at times... especially on dsf back in the day

They're all mates, though - what does anyone expect?

I know DJs should be ideally unsentimental/impersonal about which tunes they like/dislike but I don't think it works like that in reality.

Don't think it comes down to elitism, really.

talking bout weasels or more specifically their cousins, stoats. I thought we had one getting into the coop and killing our chickens a few weeks back (lost 4 good laying hens in 3 weeks). so i set a trap and...nothing. but on talking to the local farmer it's more probably our dog.

dubstepwise, im really feeling this.
king-cannibal-let-the-night-roar.jpeg

LOVE the artwork. musically it's very much in the tradition of vex'd and milanese with some bashy bits thrown in for good measure.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Blue Steel by Double Helix is one for me at the moment. i know it happened already earlier in the thread, but anyone want to shell out anymore UV/LHF hints?

So is LHF also Double Helix then? I heard that tune on the LHF showcase in Blackdown and Dusk's last show

joe.dfx

who knows...
I'm actually enjoying Unbalanced way more than the first 2562 album.

much less rigid and cold.

he seems to have just done his thing this time around. the first album felt kinda forced and misdirected compared to his previous stuff.

the new a made up sound 12" is pretty good too.

i wonder if he ever gets any sleep! his output is really consistent.