michael

Bring out the vacuum
sorry benji and michael, your arguments miss the point completely here and sound more like oasis fans arguing about real music, but instead about 'authentic' dance music, and as for live acts as 'people dancing behind their laptops', can you explain how this was the case here? Michael wasn't even there.

I haven't written anything about the Hyperdub night.

+ I have written that my comments are strictly about going out for a night dancing. Basically I completely agree with what you wrote, so am not sure where you're coming from.

Last edited:

wise

bare BARE BONES
we wont loose that element completely, but even need you in some respects was about creating an intro, middle and end, it wasn't whole heartedly created for the dance floor.
all our new stuff is still very much darkstar and it's easy to join the dots.

Also Tentative Andy i don't endorse any kind of IDM approach. We just make tunes we like and now we are trying to get to a position were it's possible to perform these live.

Sorry to keep this debate dragging on, but why does having an intro a middle and an end, (by which I presume you mean being more of a song than a track) make something any less about the dancefloor.
Need You is all about the dancefloor because it MAKES you move, it makes you bounce even if you're sitting down. And that is not just about the bassline, it's everything to do with the beginning middle and the end. Structure.
Great song
Looking forward to the live set when it's ready :)

Wild Horses
Sorry to keep this debate dragging on, but why does having an intro a middle and an end, (by which I presume you mean being more of a song than a track) make something any less about the dancefloor.
Need You is all about the dancefloor because it MAKES you move, it makes you bounce even if you're sitting down. And that is not just about the bassline, it's everything to do with the beginning middle and the end. Structure.
Great song
Looking forward to the live set when it's ready :)

it doesn't make it any less about the dancefloor but at the time we toyed with versions of need you that were based on switching between 32 bar phrases rather than developing the mood of the track, by this I mean excluding the middle section. That's why I said it wasn't whole heartedly designed for the dancefloor. Once we added that section it became much more than just a dancefloor track. To us personally anyway.

wise

bare BARE BONES
that tune's not 130 it's 95/190 bpm
agree on the dryness didn't do much for me either, reminded me of Lynx - Disco Dodo or some of the D&B tempo dubsteppy Breakage tunes

Last edited: