benjybars

village elder.
i know what you mean, i liked the intro and i would have liked to stay for some of the other stuff but the first 10 minutes were all midrange wobblers and i was pretty tired so i left.

Also BM saturday looks great

yeah his intro was well nice. thought it was gonna be on that tip all the way through. sadly not.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
me, el-b, alex nut, floating points and jerome sydenham (!!!!!!) are playing at bmsoho for the record store day on saturday. im on at 1. they got free cider and the forecast is sunny!

or, depending on your musical preferences....

me (!!!!!!) , el-b (!!!!!!) , alex nut (!!!!!!) , floating points and jerome sydenham are playing at bmsoho for the record store day on saturday. im on at 1. they got free cider and the forecast is sunny!

;)

yourchest

ps bun cider tho.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
:)

can't deny this one though!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

gumdrops

but yeah he played maybe 2 tunes that showed a little promise. one 2 steppy vocal bit with some serious sub. also, is skream always on a lot of coke when he DJs?? i mentioned this the last time i saw him play about 8 months ago and last night he was even more wired!

this reminds me - did anyone hear that skreeam.benga show on rinse a few weeks back? i think it was skreams first show in a while. benga sounded like he thought he was playing at a festival or something. so aggressive sounding just when he was speaking. i dunno if thats his normal 'dj voice' now or what but it was pretty strange. like he had just taken a load of coke or something... to play on rinse lol.

benjybars

village elder.
this reminds me - did anyone hear that skreeam.benga show on rinse a few weeks back? i think it was skreams first show in a while. benga sounded like he thought he was playing at a festival or something. so aggressive sounding just when he was speaking. i dunno if thats his normal 'dj voice' now or what but it was pretty strange. like he had just taken a load of coke or something... to play on rinse lol.

yeah they must both be boshing it away.

no reason why not i suppose.. they spend most of their time playing to massive crowds at international festivals..

joe.dfx

who knows...
completely unrelated to doing blow...

Benga played here in mpls a few months ago and about half way through his set his pants fell down to about his knees, and be continued on without pulling them up. twas pretty funny, as he basically mooned the crowd everytime he bent over to select a new record....

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Ben was apparently changed off his nut at FWD the other night. Punched one of the barmaids.

WHAT'S HAPPENING TO THIS SCENE?

tom lea

ben aside (dont wanna be left alone with him after these fwd antics above), any of you guys going down bm? i agreed to play a set at puregroove which i cant really be arsed to now it's come around to it, but i fancy popping down bm afterwards.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
:)

can't deny this one though!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This is totally amazing. is there any UK garage conenction besides that Locked On re-released it?

Edit: Ok, gotit. Todd Edwards remix.

With such sublime source material, difficult to go wrong too.

Edit2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Lion_Woman#Nina_Simone_version Oh. ok.

Last edited:

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
Anyone cop the new Mala bit?
Sold out before I could get it, now I'm gonna have to pay discogs prices in several months when it eventually shows.

gumdrops

so i read that fact interview with mala. he doesnt give much away does he? very vague. and a total hippy, even tho he doesnt want to think of himself as one! and his love of uk hip hop makes total sense.

Last edited: