wise

bare BARE BONES
Mala has always been the bollocks when Ive seen him, but then again Ive always seen him alongside Loefah or Coki so there's more variation in some respect.

He didnt really play a Pendulum track did he?

Prob wasn't a Pendulum track but that was what it reminded me of.
Are they making dubstep now?

Might have been a Distance tune he does that heavy metal riffage thing doesn't he

jimitheexploder

The last ever Ruffage in Leeds the other night was a moment. They've been doing it up here as long as DMZ pretty much... Leeds wont be the same without it. Big up Hessle for vibing off the city, throwing so many parties and dropping so many records and all that... :D

franz

since i don't quite feel okay about doing it in the juke thread, i'll just say how happy i am to see Addison Groove popping up everywhere lately, totally deserving of being the of the moment sound imo.

Sexual is the stand out for me thus far. amazing melancholic chemical psychedelia vibes on that one. fellow understands the slow-quick dynamic of some of this juke business very very well.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
yeah, he's really moved up a gear, found a great new space with Addison Groove and a natural home on Swamp. Glad Loe's playing "IRL" too, you can hear the connection with the Slugs camp.

btw LHF EP audio now here. <./.spam.>

^they deserve their own thread – drop heavier and deeper than james blake anyway ;)
nothing against nomad but thus far i’d take girl unit over addison groove in the no-doubt-soon-to-named juke-influenced uk sound stakes

Aww Nein

Wild Palms
that LHF stuff is properly amazing, not so much the future of dubstep as a whole parallel genre, just slightly skewed on a different tangent. they seem to have a whole labels worth of stuff out there also, hours of music, like the description on youtube of them being in some liminal space, its like listening to Dubstep Allstars vol. 2 and a half or somthing, deep in the cracks and inbetweens of this scene. respect for putting it out blackdown, definitly be owning this...

do you know if theyve released anytihing of their other stuff, or have plans to? or is it secret...

Will be picking up that and anything else LHF put out.

On another note, does anyone have any Youngsta mixes that pre-date 2005, or any dubstep/dark garage/whatever mixes in general from this era.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Vibezin has stuff out on L2S but this is the first stuff you can 'own' as far as I know, could be wrong.

definitly be owning this...

Me too, but I still kinda wish it all stay on dub in a way. Theres something about listening to UV on a Sunday night, hearing all this stuff with but never knowing what they were that makes them even better.

"Deep Life" if thats the first tune in that clip really sounds like its picking up where horsepower left off.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
do you know if theyve released anytihing of their other stuff, or have plans to? or is it secret...

There was a Double Helix digital release in 07 and "96 Flava" is one Oneman's mix CD but apart from that no other releases, this is the beginning. 4 track 12" dropping in ten days or so, then another EP this year, then their album.

i sorta know what you mean Section 5 about unreleased dubs but equally never releasing their beats wouldnt do these guys justice. In practical terms there's literally hundreds of dubs - i have 8 or 9 CDs worth minimum - so much of it will remain on dub, floating out there on the hazy sunday night UV sessions which so dominate my iPod these days...

bandshell

Grand High Witch
LHF are amazing. I agree with the people saying they exist in their own space, parallel to dubstep etc.

Big up Martin for picking them up. Looking forward to the eps and album.

gumdrops

theres a *massive* dubstep special in the new mixmag magazine. nothing you probably dont know but one section about its start and another about where its going (skys the limit etc etc).