Shackleton — Deadman
Shackleton — Busted Spirit
Shackleton — Something Has To Give Version
Shackleton — Massacre Version
Shackleton — Torn Skin II
Shackleton — Blood On My Hands Version

alex

Do not read this.
listened to the shackleton & the burial/kode 9 mixes on my travels last night, really enjoyed the shackleton one.

Loved that, 'you are now coming up' sample, great stuff, tempo changes are quality aswell!

Only got half way through the burial/kode 9 one, but the garage tunes at the start (believe they are the brandy remixes) are proper sick. Love the way its drenched in eerie burial samples like the mixes to promote the first 2 albums. Every mix should have that lol.

Whoever mentioned upthread that they preferred the burial album mixes to the actual albums, I also feel the same, although i liked owning the full versions of the tracks, they definitely don't sound as good as when those mixes dropped. Out to Kode 9 man, just realised the other day how much music from his label I actually listen to and LOVE as oppose to just listen to.

computer_rock

http://uploaded.to/file/e94x04

Shackleton & Vengeance Tenfold — Untitled
Shackleton — Stripped II
Shackleton — Bottles
Shackleton — Death Is Not Final Version
Shackleton — International Fires
Shackleton — Paper
Shackleton — Deadman
Shackleton — Busted Spirit
Shackleton — Something Has To Give Version
Shackleton — Massacre Version
Shackleton — Torn Skin II
Shackleton — Blood On My Hands Version

nice one!

Webstarr

Shakletons live set is a must see if you get the opportunity, saw it at the last Ruffage and it was something else. Ironically the dj after him was also kode 9 that night

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Monthly threads to keep it manageable?

Do any of the mods read this?

How about closing the thread at the end of each month (or when it just seems too big or whatever) and starting a new one?

Am thinking about finding things again - there's a mass of interesting stuff buried in here, but search results just link you to the name of the thread, so it's a nightmare to sift through 299 pages for the thing you wanted.

Or is there a way to have search results display specific posts within a thread?

massrock

Michael - when you search, click on advanced search and select the "search single content type" tab. Then you should see a tick box to show results as "posts", as opposed to threads. You can save that as a search preference as well I think.

Honestly though, the search in this forum software is quite bizarre. There doesn't seem to be a way to search for exact phrases, or to search for all words in a search. Also it likes to leave out words, I think if they are too common, as well as if they are less than four characters(!) All quite strange as far as design decisions go.

Last edited:

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Cheers massrock, that's handy... doesn't seem to stick and requires some clicking back and forth between single and multiple content types to even get the option to display results as posts!? But, yeah, it works. Thanks.

benw

Brighton heads check out the relaunch of 2step/dubstep/techno weekly aka aka roar - we're moving to the last friday of every other month, kicking off friday 24th september. keeping the night at life club on the seafront, we've got ramadanman, girl unit and braiden down for the relaunch, £5 advance tix plus cheap drinks... check the fb event here:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=150782131607522&ref=mf

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
^^^

N Type playing CDs aswell, how come lots of dubstep DJs have stopped cutting dubs?

Technical difficulties with clubs set-ups has been cited. Not many service their turntables anymore... with the explosion in popularity dubstep DJs are playing in new locations - many of which are unprepared. Far easier to rock CDs which are now the club-default.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
Do any of the mods read this?

How about closing the thread at the end of each month (or when it just seems too big or whatever) and starting a new one?

I'll happily lock this thread and start a new one, if that's what people want.

Doing that once a month would be a fanny on though.