rubberdingyrapids

it started off as good as any other burial rip off/post dubstep tune with rupaul samples but soon became shite in a glossy-coffeetable-90s-electronica kind of way (i dont like the sounds skrillex uses but he should produce pop artists - i think hed do a good job. he knows how to hit the cheesy emotional spots.

Last edited:

CrowleyHead

I mean, it's such a cheap bait too. It's only how Reynolds used to bait the dubstep fans back in like, 2010; only aimed at a crowd whom have now already spent years trying to 'get over' dubstep and get sniped at for being dissatisfied with the core of the genre. Shit, I have no problems admitting that I came into dubstep for ultra-specific things and when I couldn't get that anymore, I lost interest. I'm not interested in genres, I'm interested in sounds!

Also, he seriously suggested that Enter Shikari's dubstep hybrids was a proper direction for British Hardcore, so I KNOW this man is off his rocker. (I can never let that one go really)

rubberdingyrapids

only read a bit of that piece so i probably shouldnt comment yet but he has a fairly large vested interest in it doesnt he? he does all those MOS comps.... i wouldnt want to admit something was a bit crap if i needed to be enthusiastic about it. it might be totally genuine though - im not against that kind of dubstep like a lot of people are (though i am out of touch with it right now so who knows what its like) so maybe there is still good stuff out there. and hes right, it probably is here to stay (just like D&B, which is a better comparison than house and techno imo). filthstep forever!

CrowleyHead

Worse yet is the blatant trolling in the comments on his part. I mean, have some class. You know NOBODY who reads Fact regularly is dislodged from inside their own ass enough to agree with him.

The True/False Dubstep debate is a moot point; but he's using cheap shock tactics and petty little attacks on dubstep's former audience in order to win their attention. This is the same kind of dull list-baiting hash I deal with in rap world (SHOUT OUT COMPLEX MAGAZINE!)

rubberdingyrapids

its an odd site for it to be but its good for mags/sites to challenge their readers every now and then. plus clickbait or not, its kinda fun. and evangelical articles on dubstep are muggs' speciality so i mean, what did anyone expect lol. the fact its stretched to 10 pages (multiple page impressions!) lets you know fact knew what they were doing.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I was going to get into it under the article but I sort of stopped myself and realised I've had this argument a hundred times online and I don't really care that much anymore.

Basically I really don't mind if people like wobble (why would I?) but I totally sympathise with the people who feel - like I did - that dubstep was a special sound and scene and the takeover of wobble sort of ruined it.

At the same time things have to change and it would have been dull if it stayed the same forever.

rubberdingyrapids

nice distinction made by droid on the diff between brocking out and rocking out in the comments there. i think its okay for dance music to rock out too. it is true though that never in the history of london/uk dance music since the junglist mid 90s has there been less need or interest or practice of brocking out in what is the most popular strain of the music. basically i dont think brocking out is a priority for todays most celebrated producers. cant help thinking the diff in backgrounds of most of the producers has made that so. havent really felt that since grime.

primate

I'm doing some work with these guys at the moment. high quality vocal dubstep / trip hop stylee act. currently unsigned.
A few free downloads on the soundcloud page.
If anyone knows of any UK / European promoters or labels who might be interested in booking / signing, please let me know

https://soundcloud.com/espai

Can't seem to use the Sc embed function without it being all FUBAR.