Slothrop

Tight but Polite
yeah, this is going to the year of mainstream songs jocking dubstep...

diplo apparently djed some dubstep last week and Lil Jon got on the mic (YEEEE-AHHHHH!) and he (diplo) has said he is going to make dubstep club tracks, so if you are a dubstep purist, be prepared for a solid year of shaking your head (not inna good way)...
Dubstep purism is a weird one, though - it's all about complaining about people not changing the sound enough rather than about changing it too much. The general whinge isn't that people are are bastardizing the genre to fit their own style, it's that they're abandoning their own ideas and influences and making something that sounds exactly like 15 million other boring dark halfstep tunes but with better production values.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Yeah I guess so, when you put it like that, it does come across as odd. But I think it is something with a bit of a tradition to it, cf the eternal criticism of 'bandwagon jumpers', people 'cashing in' and so forth, where the complaint usually seems to be that people are rushing to make a very basic, unimaginative copy of a pre-existing template in order to benefit from a currently popular sound.
Usually I'm not much of a one for purism, and I'm certainly not qualified to act as a dubstep 'head', but I would have to say that most stuff I've heard from Rusko and Caspa so far is crap. Rubber Chicken was ok though I guess.

mms

sometimes
yeah, this is going to the year of mainstream songs jocking dubstep...

diplo apparently djed some dubstep last week and Lil Jon got on the mic (YEEEE-AHHHHH!) and he (diplo) has said he is going to make dubstep club tracks, so if you are a dubstep purist, be prepared for a solid year of shaking your head (not inna good way)...

i think that snoop track is alright, bit better than the original, the big bass, the chorus and the hindi vocals sound good. diplo though.. hmm.

gumdrops

ah. well all things considered, yeah, its not toooooooo bad. ;) did you ever hear that lil wayne song that pharrell did in a dubstep style though? that was pretty good.

elgato

I just dont know
saw Quest dj last night, i'd forgotten what an utterly unstoppable dj he is! once the crowd started moving he took us so many places, technically flawless but more importantly the sequencing and timing was too much, had me losing it in a way that i haven't to straight dubstep for a while. pure vibes. so much love for Anti Social, they are doing it in a big way

Algierstwin

excuse me gentleman, can someone give me a track name, artist of the first song on the last antisocial show on Rinse. . .?

mc on it with bars about west london?

thankU

Algierstwin

saw Quest dj last night, i'd forgotten what an utterly unstoppable dj he is! once the crowd started moving he took us so many places, technically flawless but more importantly the sequencing and timing was too much, had me losing it in a way that i haven't to straight dubstep for a while. pure vibes. so much love for Anti Social, they are doing it in a big way

haha. sunday morning anti social vibes from the both of us.

have to catch them soon. . who is in antisocial? just out of interest?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Quest, Silkie, Jay 5ive, Heny G - might be more people in it, that's the ones I know.

They are fucking great producers/DJs, I'd really love to see them DJ out again soon. Are they doing Break the Habit again anytime soon?

Alfons

Way of the future
Quest, Silkie, Jay 5ive, Heny G - might be more people in it, that's the ones I know.

They are fucking great producers/DJs, I'd really love to see them DJ out again soon. Are they doing Break the Habit again anytime soon?

Any good mixes online? I wasn't to impressed with the Generation Bass thing but have heard a lot of good things about their mixes since.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
kromestar and harry craze are in antisocial too. the latter is definitely someone to watch for i reckon, i was sad to have missed him at dmz recently

definitely recommend having a listen to hatcha's last kissfm show with jay 5ive and quest, some sick tunes on there including this really militant but rolling new mala thing

Algierstwin

Any good mixes online? I wasn't to impressed with the Generation Bass thing but have heard a lot of good things about their mixes since.

or just the antisocial podcasts on rinse. .

i don't feel everything they play but there are always little bits that make me go really warm inside.

elgato

I just dont know

i've not found a set from radio that i enjoy anywhere close to as much as i have when i've seen them out... definitely benefits a great deal from the vibe of a dancefloor and big sound