viktorvaughn

i've not found a set from radio that i enjoy anywhere close to as much as i have when i've seen them out... definitely benefits a great deal from the vibe of a dancefloor and big sound

yeah they have deffo impressed in the dance...almost seem a bit like inheritors of the dmz sound a bit to me...maybe

domitian

uhhh huh
i think that snoop track is alright, bit better than the original, the big bass, the chorus and the hindi vocals sound good. diplo though.. hmm.

diplo will definitely be pushing dubstep in the near future. he's releasing the upcoming rusko album on mad decent, and he spent about 10-15 minutes of his set when i saw him in the fall dropping a series of dubstep tunes before moving on (a couple of benga tunes, from memory)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Hatcha Quest and Jay 5 on Kiss FM

Lost - Iron Hide - Dub
Skream - Rolling - Dub
Silkie - Headbutt The Deck! - Deep Meddi Music
Kromestar - Live In Experience - Higher Level Records
Quest - Untitled - Dub
Mala - 5 Minutes Later - Dub
Zed Bias - Untitled - Dub
Benga - Desending - Dub
Silkie - Test - Deep Meddi Music
Jay 5ive & Kromestar - Bass 96 - Dub
Silkie - 80's Baby - Dub
Harry Craze - Wa.6 - Dub
L.D - Do U Mind Remix - Dub
Benga - Buzzin - Dub
Kromestar - Grey Thought - Higher Level Records
Jay 5ive & Kromestar - Hands In Da Hair - Dub
Silkie - Concrete Jungle - Deep Meddi Music
Quest - The Unknow - Deep Meddi Music
? - No Warning - Dub
Kutz - Untitled - Dub
Truth - The Fatman (Out Now!) - Deep Meddi Music
Silkie - Mucky - Dub

lazybones

f, d , d+f , p.
" #2437
i thought the snoop track was really bad. like dubstep for complete idiots. snoop sounds pretty tedious on it too. "

i didn't realize that some half step wobble tunes were on excloos for peeps with hi-iqs

gumdrops

yeah this is a really good read. just working through it now. def interested to hear his house/funky stuff. totally agree with what he says about some music just not allowing for electronic versions.

Last edited:

Blackdown

nexKeysound
the more i read this the more it reminds me - something i should never ever forget - that you can spend 23 hours a day reading the dubstep forum and downloading sendspace tracks from myspace - and you will still have no fucking clue about music in london...

matt b

Indexing all opinion
I watched a good interview with El B talking about production etc a couple of months ago. He did indeed sound like a considered and thoughtful individual. Can't find the link, but it's well worth searching for.

gumdrops

the more i read this the more it reminds me - something i should never ever forget - that you can spend 23 hours a day reading the dubstep forum and downloading sendspace tracks from myspace - and you will still have no fucking clue about music in london...

msg boards = evil time sucking devices.

Client Eastwood

I watched a good interview with El B talking about production etc a couple of months ago. He did indeed sound like a considered and thoughtful individual. Can't find the link, but it's well worth searching for.

Yeah saw that too. Basically him in the studio talking about how he puts his tracks together. Not YouTube it was embedded in a Web Page. Seem to think it was a music magazines webpage. Sound on Sound kinda thing. Ill see if I can find it. . .

Last edited:

boomnoise

♫

and who'd have ever thought that reading the wire could provide this

mms

sometimes

true dat, he's also very good at talking away from the sounds of it, talks about dancing as well.
dubstep forum has reached entropy, just people bigging up their tracks with clusters of their mates helping threads along and a bit of slagging off/defending bigger producers.
dubstep people look like they've come from glastonbury - haha. Yeah some of them look and smell like they've not bought new clothes or washed in a while, cats piss and dreads.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
dubstep people look like they've come from glastonbury - haha. Yeah some of them look and smell like they've not bought new clothes or washed in a while, cats piss and dreads.

Dubstep people are the worst. A few years ago I travelled back to London to attend a DMZ and though it was all I had hoped for (especially because it was just before the collapse into wobble hysteria - around the time of 'Night' and 'Spongebob'), I remember thinking the crowd was so white and nerdy. Which isn't such a bad thing if so many of them weren't in complete denial of that, vicariously living out this uninherited Carribean-Cockney culture they very clearly have little to do with. It was like cos-play in a way except less rage inducing and more Tim Westwood sans the joke and sad.

Innit rudebwoy

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
That being said, it gets even worse in North America because you get the exact same thing except the people aren't even British, let alone cockney.

mms

sometimes
Dubstep people are the worst. A few years ago I travelled back to London to attend a DMZ and though it was all I had hoped for (especially because it was just before the collapse into wobble hysteria - around the time of 'Night' and 'Spongebob'), I remember thinking the crowd was so white and nerdy. Which isn't such a bad thing if so many of them weren't in complete denial of that, vicariously living out this uninherited Carribean-Cockney culture they very clearly have little to do with. It was like cos-play in a way except less rage-inducing and more Tim Westwood sans the joke and sad.

Innit rudebwoy

hmm that's as much london talk as anything now though, but it's really funny cos if you go on dubstep poland forum or whatever they're chatting that kinda language there too, which just makes me laugh, but you know when i was a kid in my teens i used to borrow words from hip hop, alot of these kids are proper young.
I just wished they'd wear nicer clothes and didn't stink of cat piss weed, look like they know what an iron is, wear something other than blim holled jeans and teeshirt.
I'm a bit like that though, teeshirts are undergarments for me, something you wear in bed.

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
there's really no need to focus on that. i've met some great people through dubstep

that interview is fantastic, really interesting

its funny cos its true though.
But yeah his stuff about the kids and house music is good, funky is a kinda 2 step renaissance, wonder why it came back now?