Blackdown

nexKeysound
Long shot & i doubt anyone will be able to help. After many many many request's to skream, (I know he is very busy & probably doesnt have the time) I am still after his mix of KMA's 'Cape Fear'. It's a really old dub & skream obliged providing he could find the dub (no master, props to plasticman for helping out) but alas, I still dont have the tune, wondering if anyone could point me in the right step to getting it? Cheers! :-D

i've asked skream, only hatch has them (there's more than one mix). so 'no' basically.

nomos

Administrator
say martin, while we're on the subject, do you know anything about this one?

http://www.deeptime.net/temp/skreamtune.mp3

skream 'untitled' - lovely piano tune with mad drums and filtering about 3 mins in. only ever heard it on this n-type set from april 2005. sounds like it was a big hit at the first subloaded the night before though. tried to ask him on dsf once but nothing.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
say martin, while we're on the subject, do you know anything about this one?

http://www.deeptime.net/temp/skreamtune.mp3

skream 'untitled' - lovely piano tune with mad drums and filtering about 3 mins in. only ever heard it on this n-type set from april 2005. sounds like it was a big hit at the first subloaded the night before though. tried to ask him on dsf once but nothing.

yes its a skream tune, got it on cd somewhere. coming out ever? i doubt it.

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
Some things get released, some things dont, fate innit.

This goes with out saying really.

Also, I don't know why any music "should" be lost if it is good enough and people want to hear it - why not release it in a special package like the Roots of Dubstep and the El B releases?

To be honest I could care less either way - there is plenty of great new music and old music released as is. It was just a thought...

Last edited:

IanTheM

Tame Horse
Ok so I like the idea of funkstep because I can stop making 'dubstep'. But really, it's a terrible name. Like really bad, but I guess that goes with the UK trend. Garage was alright, but honestly dubstep, grime and funky are some bad names.

mms

sometimes
Ok so I like the idea of funkstep because I can stop making 'dubstep'. But really, it's a terrible name. Like really bad, but I guess that goes with the UK trend. Garage was alright, but honestly dubstep, grime and funky are some bad names.

heres a novel idea how about uk house?

alex

Do not read this.
I want some of the big name d'step producers to revert to some old hardware samples & make some real old school influnced stuff like 'poison' and the cape fear remix. That would be sweet, not like Horsepower sort of sexy stuff, that real dark shit, old film samples, dungeon music.