UFO over easy

online mahjong
Fwd is still going into April - fantastic! Does this mean PP is winning the battle?

i think they had the preliminary hearing, which was the deadline for handing over petitions/evidence in their defence, but they're waiting on a date for a final verdict or something

a good sign that they're still booking stuff in either way

gumdrops

ikonika albums grown on me. though i dunno, it feels 'brilliant', but it can be a bit of a blur. wouldnt have minded a few diff synth sounds either. seems like the same lead on every single track.

tom lea

no chance of over-ambience on the ikonika record, 'idiot', 'psoriasis', 'final boss stage' and more are all direct as anything. there's plenty of variety too. i've listened to it more than any other album this year, nowhere near bored of it. it keeps getting better.

unlikely

i've never noticed a problem with the southside records i've owned.

oddz & eastwood - champion sounds great for example

yeah the mastering on the old grime bits was generally good, but most of the dubstars stuff post bigshott-zulu has sounded pretty thin imo

oh and hello everyone, nice to see so many familiar names in here these days, time for me to make the jump i think ;)

wascal

Wild Horses
no chance of over-ambience on the ikonika record, 'idiot', 'psoriasis', 'final boss stage' and more are all direct as anything. there's plenty of variety too. i've listened to it more than any other album this year, nowhere near bored of it. it keeps getting better.

I agree, from what I've heard so far.

benjybars

village elder.
anyone know if the Harmonimix remix of Roll with the Punches will get a release??

benufo? you must know? you know all that good shit..

benjybars

village elder.
word on the road (ie direct from the source) is it hasn't been ruled out nor scheduled in...

ok. thanks for the info.

roll with the punches backed with the mala remix on harmonimix002 would be the biggest release of the year. really needs to happen.

FairiesWearBoots

That is great! The OG is one of my favourite tracks of the last few years -
would be a massive release - it almost reminds me of some Tommy Guerrero stuff - lofi folk/funk ish

alex

Do not read this.
hope someone will be posting the pre order info for the mala album when it comes? I havent missed it have I?

benjybars

village elder.
oi you know what Hatcha's show on kiss is pretty much always decent.

i mean he plays some midrange wank but usually drops a few old unreleased bits (normally from loefah) and he does loads of dubstep history specials

check out the tracklist from this show!!

http://djs.totalkiss.com/2010/03/tracklist-130310-history-of-dubstep/

also kiss did a chosen ones special recently. the mala segment was well tasty. (although the other sets that night, from caspa benga and jakes, were almost embarrassingly bad.

Mala Selection
http://www.zshare.net/download/722635542cc70c3a/

Mala - Mountain Dread March- Dub
Mala - Changes (Distance Remix)- Dub
Quest - Wind tunnel- Forthcoming Deep Medi
Coki - Animal- Dub
Cyrus - ?
Mala - Eyez- Forthcoming DMZ
Vivek - ?
Horsepower - Kosmic 67 (i forget the number lol)- Forthcoming Deep Medi
Loefah - Just a Beat- Dub
Mala - Education- Dub

good old reliable mala. :)

Caught that Chosen Ones show a few weeks back, first half of that show is big especially the first 12 or so beats, never heard most of them before.

Has anyone got any mixes full of that kind of stuff? Like early early dubstep/dark garage circa 99-01 whatever.

joe.dfx

who knows...
saw kode9 again this past weekend. played loads of great funky then last half his set was grime & dubstep stuff...this is the second time i've seen him and both times he's played this tune that i dont know but is really fantastic.

it's got some vocal sample that sounds like someone saying "lighta lighta lighta" over and over again, there's some pretty basic key hits and really solid drumwork going on. is this some mala/mystikz thing? anyone got a clue? i know i've heard it else where and i'm pretty sure it's one of those dubplate only things that should come out, but never do (although I hope im wrong!)