hopper

that's an amazing pairing. Honest Jon's are doing great things at the moment, great to see them recognising people like mala and actress. Still loving that Shangaan electro compilation too. Still need to properly check out those moritz von oswald trio releases

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Anyone heard the new Horsepower album? I heard a few tracks on soundcloud and to be honest I wasn't too impressed

FairiesWearBoots

Anyone heard the new Horsepower album? I heard a few tracks on soundcloud and to be honest I wasn't too impressed

I bought the LP, I really like it but I am a huge fan of HP anyway, you have to hear it as a whole.
I kinda wish they would do more of their classic 2 Step beats, too many of the tracks are 'on beat and they sound better on the 'off beat

wise

bare BARE BONES
I think so but i'm out of the country for another week, i'll check when I get back to the UK and let you know.

ThinKing

I bought the LP, I really like it but I am a huge fan of HP anyway, you have to hear it as a whole.
I kinda wish they would do more of their classic 2 Step beats, too many of the tracks are 'on beat and they sound better on the 'off beat

they're doing a 'lost tapes' EP next year, pretty sure it's gonna be a 4-track 12" but I couldn't be 100% sure.

FairiesWearBoots

they're doing a 'lost tapes' EP next year, pretty sure it's gonna be a 4-track 12" but I couldn't be 100% sure.

wow - exciting stuff, would love to hear some

I just found 'New York' Benny Ill & Dinesh on discogs and it arrived today, so stoked
ever since I heard it, it went straight into my top 3 of 140ish music

denoir

Btw is there anyone willing to sell a copy of "Dub War - Muderous Style"?...I missed the very few copies that have popped up on discogs and don't think it will be repressed...one of my all time Benny Ill favourites

Blackdown

nexKeysound

any idea what's on it? afaik there's very little horsepower material i've ever heard played out by people that also never made vinyl at some point (unlike say, Mala or even El-B.)...

ThinKing

any idea what's on it? afaik there's very little horsepower material i've ever heard played out by people that also never made vinyl at some point (unlike say, Mala or even El-B.)...

not really. I chatted to Ben last year about doing a similar project, but he said that since Tempa were releasing the new LP then they would get pick of the bunch first...

btw anyone check the HP mix on Mistajam the other week? New remix of Yellowman due out on Greensleeves, and some other new dubs incl. a remix of Thief In The Night.

FairiesWearBoots

not really. I chatted to Ben last year about doing a similar project, but he said that since Tempa were releasing the new LP then they would get pick of the bunch first...

btw anyone check the HP mix on Mistajam the other week? New remix of Yellowman due out on Greensleeves, and some other new dubs incl. a remix of Thief In The Night.

sounds interesting - gotta link? must admit to being a bit of a HP fanboy (doesnt happen much at my age)

I just wish Tempa would repress the first LP

tracked this down on 12" also :)