Your most tenuous or absurd claims to fame

DJL

i'm joking
Most recently I was walking home past the Bodeleian library in Oxford and two blacked-out jeeps suddenly pull up to the kerb right where I am just about to step. Out jumps Prince William and about 8 minders, one of which moves towards me and practically pushes me into the first of the jeeps!

Before that I used to work for a large UK bank on the customer helpline of their home insurance section. While working there I spoke to Katie Puckrick about her Direct Debit. Discovered that Chris Tarrants house was flooded by his nanny (who had left some bath taps running), and contemplated with a work colleague whether we could get away selling the story to the papers. Also managed to get hold of Ewan McGregors mobile number off his contents insurance policy for his flat in London just before the premier of The Phantom Menace in London. Decided to try ringing it to ask if he could get us tickets for the premier but went straight to answer phone! ...luckily I think with hindsite

zhao

there are no accidents
ok ok lets see...

had a beer with Evan Parker
hang out regularly with member of the Necks
lunch with Peanut Butter Wolf
opened for Pan Sonic
hung out with Frankie Nuckles
turned down advances from Kirsten Dunst
etc....

don_quixote

Trent End
my grans best friend at school is related to a spice girl, but we don't know which one

i once mistook stephen hawking for a large vacuum cleaner

i've read a lead singer of a not very big early 00s indie bands ucas statement, but since i'm meant to have confidentiality and that i probably shouldn't say who. he was into "collecting records of 70s psychedelic rock", needless to say their music wasn't much like that.

i went to primary school in the village that missing kid is from

don_quixote

Trent End
oh and my best mate went to school with one of the 7/7 bombers and defended his little sister when she said some stuff about sept 11th eeek

PeteUM

It's all grist
This year both of my holidays have featured a different ex- member of the group Silverfish.

This is my favourite, for some reason. It just seems so unlikely. Although, of course, I'm sure there's a perfectly rational explanation.

zhao

there are no accidents
remember that "grunge" song about the kid who shot himself in school? by... shit who was it... smashing pumpkins?

anyhow i was in the next classroom when it happened at 10 AM. heard the shot, heard the screams. in fact was just talking to the kid named Jeremy day before in gym class - he was obsessed with Pink Floyd the Wall, and i had just almost gotten over my obsession with it.

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
Over the last two years there have been people in the Australia Big Brother house who are friends with people I vaguely know.

That's about as tenuous as it gets I think.

I think me and my dad sat outside a restaurant that Bob Holness from Blockbusters was sitting inside, about 7 years ago. But it might not have been him at all.

mixed_biscuits

Liverpool FC legend John Wark refereed the final of a table-football tournament I won.

I absent-mindedly barged past John Peel to get at the drum and bass in an Oxford record shop and he apologised for standing in my way.

I bumped into Martina Hingis in the Champs Elysee Virgin Megastore. (obv. I spend most of my life with my head in the clouds)

My brother's had some 'success':

Chris Evans asked my brother how to get to Tottenham Court Road.

My bro saw Brain Lara queueing for an ice-cream on Oxford Street and Kirsten Dunst in Virgin (he confirmed that she is outstandingly fit - why not, Zhao?).

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
I once read a message on an internet forum by a chap who used to vaguely know someone who went out with one of the wee papa girl rappers a long time ago.

Canada J Soup

Monkey Man
A friend's older brother* threw a container of his and his friends' urine over Jennifer Connelly when they were in high-school together.

* Someone who I have only met as an adult and who appears normal enough now, but was apparently quite badly behaved when younger.

PeteUM

It's all grist
I once read a message on an internet forum by a chap who used to vaguely know someone who went out with one of the wee papa girl rappers a long time ago.

Once it took me about 30 seconds to work out a joke made by a bloke about a message on an internet forum from a chap who vaguely knew another chap who went out with one of the Wee Papa Girl Rappers a long time ago.

N

nomadologist

i'm friends with samuel l. jackson's daughter cuz she went to college with me. i saw him my first day moving in, since she lived in my dorm, and it was the first and last time i've ever been starstruck in my life--he has real charisma.