MIA - kala

N

nomadologist

i do like jimmy a lot, if only cos i find myself incredibly turned on whenever she says 'achaa'. even that song though, i dont really return to it and like it as much as i did when i first got this album. maybe i overplayed it too much, or maybe theres just nothing much there to return to.

that's what happened for me with arular. i liked it before it became the go-to party album of the year for two years, but only then for about 2 spins and that was it. :eek:

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
To be sure. The problem is that she IS on to a decent enough idea.

Been thinking, maybe the idea would work better as mixtapes than "proper" albums? A lot of the album is retooled from other releases anyway... I was disappointed there was no Piracy Funds Terrorism Vol. 2 or whatever for this release.

shudder

I can't seem to find a recording anywhere of the original "Jimmy".. can anyone point me in the right direction?

Guybrush

Dittohead
I can't seem to find a recording anywhere of the original "Jimmy".. can anyone point me in the right direction?

It was also included in the RAR-file that Zhao linked to on the first page of this thread, though the link is dead now, unfortunately, and I happened to foolishly erase it. Still, someone else in here ought to have it.

shudder

It was also included in the RAR-file that Zhao linked to on the first page of this thread, though the link is dead now, unfortunately, and I happened to foolishly erase it. Still, someone else in here ought to have it.

no need.. more curious then needing to have a downloaded copy. (interesting that there's the spectrum from having to have a real copy > having to have a downloaded copy > occasional YouTube listen)

ZOMBY®

Wild Horses

bappi lahiri 'jimmy aaja'

Kala's a great record !!

straight

wings cru
i can see why some people wouldnt have been impressed ie not great singin on mias part, dj/mc show etc but the visuals were great, and rye rye and santogold hyped things up something serious and finished with a nice big 10 min chrimbo paper planes sing along with everyone on stage giving it their own verses befor the song kicked in proper

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
i went unexpectedly to the Coronet show, yes it rocked, i wasn't a huge fan of the album but it all sounded much better live with a crowd. Santogold was also really ace. It does make you wonder why there aren't any other big UK mc's, i mean even the male ones have one a bit quiet! there is defo an audience for this future hiphop.