"R'n'B" recommendations PLEASE!?

craner

Beast of Burden
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

craner

Beast of Burden
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I sang this to petrol station attendants in 2003. I was quite fucked up.

Algierstwin

I sang this to petrol station attendants in 2003. I was quite fucked up.

i used to sing this in a vauxhall cavalier on the way to school each morning.

Where The Party At. & Cut Something.

were favourites too.

it was urban music without swearing that I could listen to in front of my ma. . SCORE

CrowleyHead

It's nice to see Bangladesh all heavy in the game at the moment. Especially after his work on the last Kelis' record was criminally ignored.

nomos

Administrator
going to try again because my request got lost in craner's yootubes.

is there a decent rnb focused magazine? something with reviews and ok writing? i guess vibe is gone. rap up is pretty bad. i really hate reading everything on the computer.

Last edited:

polystyle

Rihanna , Kerry Hilson

"The wait is ova"
Nice intro on the video ...
http://rihannanow.com/

Also, has anyone mentioned Kerry Hilson ? looking smooth and sounding quite nice in "Knock You Down" , her other tunes , well weak to me but anyway.

polystyle

Aha, cheers Craner and all , as quite a few had picked up on Kerry earlier on the thread,
sorry I missed it as it felt like a pretty dry period for 'R&B' and I wasn't following the thread.
Just reading bk pages and people mentioning Amerie - I had seen Amerie's "One Thing" again on a music ch., it was fresh !

How's the intro on Rihanna's "The Wait Is Ova" teaser on the previous link ... ?
Not the single itself ( not all that ... ) but the intro to the promo sounded pretty good.

Yesterday it seemed at least a little competitive that her old boyfriend announced his tour same day she announces new release ...

hopper

Any love for this tune?

boyalive

looking for a good cowboy
Any love for this tune?

bare love. bare.

nomos

Administrator
mmmm chune. was that bodie from the wire standing around early on?

i need to give kerri hilson another try i think. i've seen that video with timbaland a few times and i just end up with him saying "i returned the favour" stuck in my head. it's creepy.

hint

party record with a siren
Anyone id the first track on Hudson mohawk's butter mix

http://s3.amazonaws.com/luckymedia/49.mp3

craner

Beast of Burden
Beautiful track! I'm in love with the New Jack/Jill Swing sound at the moment! I was at the time, but this is a resurge por moi. Anyone with me? Can we have a slew of classics in this thread? It'd be fun. C'mon Luka!

nomos

Administrator
dunno. sounds a bit interdisciplinary to me :slanted:

but...

does this count?

Last edited: