"R'n'B" recommendations PLEASE!?

luka

you remind me, you make me wanna, you got it bad, let it burn, confessions pt 2, yeah, lovers and friends.... ushers got a shed load of classic hits. amazing artist.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I know this tune/album's old news but:

Big big big big...

Not really sure about the album as a whole yet, it's all a bit samey. Swear he uses the same chord sequence on over half of his tunes. ''Ride'' and ''Speechless'' are both amazing, though, especially Luda's voice screwing down when he says ''sweet dreams''.

gumdrops

nice and slow and can you get with it are good early usher tunes, before he got really sleazy.

janelle monaes album is quite brilliant if overlong/flawed.

BareBones

wheezy
new drake album is far and away the best thing i've heard this year. overlong maybe, but the peaks are just pure magic. my god, those synths.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:

Krasner

Loving the new Dream album. Especially this one:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

stephenk

mmm i love this

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

luka

corpsey that list has some good things on it but its a bit weird. as usual with these things the ilx r&b thread is much better than this one for reccomendations. theyre pretty on to it.

tom lea

new expanded So Bones debuts tomorrow at The Nest, Dalston. 9-3, free before 10.

it'll be London residents + Velour (Hyetal and Julio Bashmore). they'll be doing a bristol So Bones in the near future, and there's also gonna be an NYC one.

r'n'b and hiphop and assorted other bits all nite. we're starting with a tri angle tribute to dj screw.

sobonesbig.jpg

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Cheers for the heads up, it's a diverting thread. Mind you a lot of it is just about how shite RNB is in 2010.

lol @ the pout, lol @ the rain drops

and l to the ol @ this impersonation of him.

(I like that 'Unfortunate' tune, though)

This is good too

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
continuing the 'nicked from ILX' theme...

01. Ciara - I Run It
02. Omarion - Wet
03. Monica - Here I Am
04. The-Dream - Make Up Bag
05. RichGirl - Swagger Right
06. Ginuwine & James Fauntleroy - Disappeared
07. Shanell & Nicki Minaj - Cupid's Got A Gun
08. Trey Songz - Red Lipstick
09. Fletcher - Boom Cak
10. R. Kelly - Tongues
11. Range - Ghetto Dance
12. Teairra Mari & Mavado - Coinz
13. Lloyd - Let's Get It In
14. Miguel - All I Want Is You
15. Jazmine Sullivan - Holding U Down (Goin' In Circles)
16. Janelle Monae - Tightrope
17. Cee-Lo - You Don't Shock Me Anymore
18. K. Michelle - Can't Do This
19. John Brown - Sex On My Money
20. Aloe Blacc - I Need A Dollar