Newish House/Techno LP's I should own

Lichen

If you want the vinyl you have be pretty speedy about alot of these releases.

I live miles from a good record store and Boomkat, Juno, Phonica et al, have sold out of lots of stuff I'd like.

Is it that the labels want to create a certain caché around the vinyl release?

If not, why don't they just press more copies, so that everyone that wants one, can have one?

The Melchior is certainly on sale,though.

Lichen

....and then issue a subsequent release on vinyl or consign slowcoaches like me CD and FLAC releases?

What happended to supply and demand?

childrentalking

yeah, I had the promo mix already, but thanks. the full LP has leaked now.

well, regular Perlon vinyl is never limited, thankfully
and I find a lot of the time, things get repressed eventually. and 'limited' to 1000 copies is pretty meaningless nowadays unless it's an absolutely massive release. discogs often has multiple copies of things listed at normal prices long after bk has sold out.

Lichen

"discogs often has multiple copies of things listed at normal prices long after bk has sold out."

So that's what happened to supply and demand.

Soon as my a***hole clients pay me I'll hit discogs hard.

tox

Factory Girl
Just acquired the Donnacha Costella album "Colours." Seems pretty good, if not quite as experimental as the singles I've heard previously. Nevertheless, Pistachio is a good groover of a tune.

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
Just acquired the Donnacha Costella album "Colours." Seems pretty good, if not quite as experimental as the singles I've heard previously. Nevertheless, Pistachio is a good groover of a tune.

hang on it is the singles eh?

UFO over easy

online mahjong
high hopes for the new murmur lp although I haven't heard it yet. not sure what to think about the idea of downtempo on it, but that's just an old old prejudice :) Meanwhile are a really good label.

marsyas

high hopes for the new murmur lp although I haven't heard it yet. not sure what to think about the idea of downtempo on it, but that's just an old old prejudice :) Meanwhile are a really good label.

i am not feeling it.
cant put my finger on why though really....just kind of boring i think.
i have a few murmur 12's that i like, i wish i would have previewed this one before buying !

childrentalking

I'm a Meanwhile fan and similarly rather underwhelmed by the Murmur.
it is, of course, immaculately produced, but it's very samey. prefer all the pre album EPs really...

tox

Factory Girl
hang on it is the singles eh?

This is true as I discovered soon after writing that very post!

All I had heard before was Ok That's Great Start Over and some Louderbach B-side, both of which are a little more off the wall than the singles collected on Colors.

Lichen

Could someone tell me which is the best Perlon comp?

Also, any views here on Kompakt 100?

Last edited:

Leo

Could someone tell me which is the best Perlon comp?

Also, any views here on Kompakt 100?

the first perlon superlongevity comp is vinyl only, never heard it. S2 is a mixed 2cd that's cool but is kind of overwhelming. i dig S3 and S4 the most, each with an all-star cast and some surprising variety. to me, S4 has a slight edge, and it's a 2cd set that might be your best value.

i love lots of kompakt stuff but think i played kompakt 100 two or three times and that's it. it just never really thrilled me, think i dig the original versions of the tracks too much. worth picking up if you find a cheap used copy.

childrentalking

by any 'quality of music' measure if you're going for the CD version superlongevity 2 is the one to go for. it's effectively a 'best of' for the label's classic years. superlongevity 3 and 4 are all-new-exclusives,like the original superlongevity (and the vinyl of 2). both are good but if you're looking for a label overview, 2 all the way.

smn

A lot of talk about Bruno Pronsato's new album which I've yet to hear. Found this: http://rapidshare.com/files/79629621/Bruno_Pronsato_LivePA___Harry_Klein_25.12.2007.mp3.html yesterday however which is a live set of his recorded on Xmas day last in the Harry Klein club in Munich. Really liking it too. It's deep and funky and pretty damn sexy in places. Love that "There's Galaxies Better" track of his - the one that samples Prince's Lady Cab Driver. Always loved that track but never knew what it was until now. Makes me wish Prince would do some minimal house... :cool:

Oh and that Murmur album mentioned upthread? Yeah boring as fuck.

viktorvaughn

the first perlon superlongevity comp is vinyl only, never heard it. S2 is a mixed 2cd that's cool but is kind of overwhelming. i dig S3 and S4 the most, each with an all-star cast and some surprising variety. to me, S4 has a slight edge, and it's a 2cd set that might be your best value.

i love lots of kompakt stuff but think i played kompakt 100 two or three times and that's it. it just never really thrilled me, think i dig the original versions of the tracks too much. worth picking up if you find a cheap used copy.

The first 1 is wicked, I got it from Soulseek.