Newish House/Techno LP's I should own

Leo

antonelli -- soulkiller (supposedly all analog, pretty cool)

vlad delay -- multila (reissue)

theo parrish -- sound signature vol. 1 (new/expensive 2cd set, 27 tracks versus 9 tracks on the previous 3LP vinyl)

sascha funke -- mango (nothing too special but some nice guitar bits)

jeff mills -- gamma player, vol 1 (more of what you'd expect but pretty solid)

various -- family tree (perspectiv comp from ripperton & sam k)

prosumer & murat tepeli -- serenity (borderline coffee table but still a nice spin)

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
I can admire but not bring myself to love that bruno pronsato album. I did love at home i'm a tourist though. and the live sets i've heard.

I'm still head over heels with that melchior album however.

Client Eastwood

theo parrish -- sound signature vol. 1 (new/expensive 2cd set, 27 tracks versus 9 tracks on the previous 3LP vinyl)

The SSV1 CD is definatly worth picking up. Its got the soul vibes of The Rotating Assembly project with some of the deep abstract house vibes of his first two albums. There a lot to take in with this release, currently feeling the CD1 a lot more.

Btw, can anyone help with the song sampled at the start (and throughout) of Black Music,
the lyric goes 'come on darling'. Its been bugging me all weekend and I know Ill kick myself when I find out.

Also worth mentioning is the Carl Craig sessions mix. Loads of classics and hard to get hold of material and to link it to the above its got the impossibly brilliant CC mix of Theo's beatdown classic 'Falling Up'. Your just waiting, waiting and wanting the keys to coming in and when they eventually do : ) ... pure class.

Leo

my mistake: the cd is called "sound sculpture, vol. 1"...the label is sound signature.

straight

wings cru
new kelley polar record is a big let down. listened the whole way through last night and its not a patch on the first, morgan geists influence is painful in its absence. im hoping its a grower.

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

Perlon seem to be repressing alot of old stuff. Picked up the first Superlongevity comp and Villalobos' 'Bredow' which I hadn't heard before. Brilliant stuff, still sounds bang up to date.

S

simon silverdollar

it really is, isn't it? i was well surprised. i'm happy that he's ditched the vocals, and i'm even happier that he's moved towards such trippy and fractured stuff. took me a while to get into, but now i love it; even reminds me of ricky v's Alcachofa in places- a similarly immersive level of detail. lovely.

also, the new Fabric mix by Robert Hood is very, very fun. usually don't like the really pounding techno stuff a la Jeff Mills, but this is quite ecstatic.

bernie lomax

please excuse the slight deviation to the thread, but I thought that this might be a good place to ask.

I'm trying to find out the name of a detroit-ish electro/techno track that uses pitched down vocals a la X2 by Electric Soul and a refrain that goes something close to this:

Why do are the vocals pitched down so low? 'cause that is sound of techno'

I heard it on either Eruption FM or Origin FM, but have't been able to track it down yet..

Anyone shed any light? Ta.

dogger

Sweet Virginia
please excuse the slight deviation to the thread, but I thought that this might be a good place to ask.

I'm trying to find out the name of a detroit-ish electro/techno track that uses pitched down vocals a la X2 by Electric Soul and a refrain that goes something close to this:

Why do are the vocals pitched down so low? 'cause that is sound of techno'

I heard it on either Eruption FM or Origin FM, but have't been able to track it down yet..

Anyone shed any light? Ta.

it's marc houle - techno vocals (minus)

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
Listening To:
Kevin Gorman - 689 12"
Ellen Allien - Sool
Hot Chip - Made In The Dark
B12 - Last Days Of Silence
Adam Beyer - Fuse Mix

Leo

loco dice -- 7 durham place (the usual, nice)
noze -- songs on the rocks (varied, clever but might wear thin soon)
matmos -- supreme balloon (kinda 8-bity)
rhadoo -- dor mit oru (standard issue cadenza 2LP, if that's your thing)
rancho relaxo allstars -- the answer is always yes (biased choice, luv all things abe duque)

S

simon silverdollar

new soulphiction LP (him who did a few perlon twelves back in the day) is lush.

it's called 'do you overstand?' (ok, rubbish title) and it's a lovely companion piece to the fractured and dreamlike house on theo parrish's 'sound signatures'. probably my favourite techno/house cd of the year so far.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
cool, i'll check it next time i'm in town

I really like the new 12... serious raw percussion. Doesn't really sound like anything else of his, it's sick

straight

wings cru
i've spent all weekend giggling and dancing about to the Noze album, wonderfully silly enough for get physical to get back in my good books. its encouraging me to dig out some old dr rockit and hang a string of onions round my neck in a stripy top