die princess die !?!

zhao

there are no accidents
an overly esoteric and obscure topic i know... but just curious what the dissensus on her death is... accident or muder or most likely who gives a shit?

Last edited:

Mr. Cheese

Paternal Reassurance
I loved it when the Daily Show asked some British farmer of his opinion on her and he was like, “she’s a tart, innit?” Such refreshing candour.

swears

preppy-kei
I remember there was this really gormless, mopey atmosphere for about a week. Radio 1 changed its theme music from this cheesy upbeat dance stuff to crappy chill out ambient for a while. I think I was only about 13 or 14 and I still thought it odd that her death should be a huge deal, when millions of people die for all sorts of reasons without it being considered notable at all.

Canada J Soup

Monkey Man
I was living in Belgium at the time and could pick up the BBC on TV there. Had been out clubbing the night before, came home in a somewhat confused state at 7 or 8 in the morning, and couldn't figure out why Peter Sissons was on every channel. I remember that it felt like he was talking for well over an hour before he actually spat it out. (I also remember being really annoyed because there was something I had been looking forward to watching later that day on BBC2 and I ended up having to watch Vergeet je tandenborstel niet re-runs on VT4 instead.)

The strangest part of the entire thing was watching the televised reaction of people in the UK over the following weeks. My girlfriend at the time was English, most of our friends in Belgium were British or Irish, and none of us could figure out where all this public mourning was coming from. It didn't seem in character for the English at all and I couldn't have imagined that many people cared that much about Diana before.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
She got reincarnated as Madeleine McCann.
Which makes you wonder how totally OWNED it's possible for one person to be.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"I got the day off school so her death brought me great joy."
That's weird, I could have sworn it was on a weekend (the football was cancelled unfortunately) and in the summer holidays.

Lichen

That's weird, I could have sworn it was on a weekend (the football was cancelled unfortunately) and in the summer holidays.

and so another conspiracy theory is born

and fwiw, anybody that knows anything knows that evil Prince Phillip was riding the lead motorbike in the paparazzi pack. he lifted his visor, gave Diana's driver his infamous 'greek wink' causing him to slaminto the wall.

his motivation? revenge on M. Al Fayed, whose department store had sold Philip a shop-soiled Hermes tie.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
i've been carrying a little cup around all day, so that if i cry whilst thinking about the queen of hearts, i can collect my tears and objectively measure my grief against those who'll be interviewed outside kensington palace on the six o'clock news

Lichen

or you could use them in place of bitters in, say, a brandy alexander, and toast the life of the people's princess

martin

----

Yeah, it was a Sunday.

The radio stations were all playing classical Mozart dirges for the first 24 hours at least, interspersed by news reports - yep, even Radio 1. I think XFM didn't broadcast any music, but I might be wrong. The pirates were the only source of entertainment. It was intensely depressing, you had to turn everything off just to get away from the spectacle, it was unbearable overkill. And here's this country that's meant to be all hip and over it, suddenly reverting to 1950 in a screech of brakes.

Last edited: