don_quixote

Trent End
mat; didn't get that impression. this is the best natured forum i've ever frequented... well some of the politics posters are a little dishy but hey. i can't stand harry redknapp myself. there's something about him. i used to read a forum with a bournemouth fan on who hated the man.

ok cool. yeah, i hear you re thread sniping, but what can you do - false assumptions don't need to be glorified. what's really disappoints me is when other contributors blindly follow suit, in a bid to further their cloying infatuation. then it's rather ordinary behaviour all round.
anyway, how can anyone not like harry? alright, so he sometimes comes off like a confused resident of tulse hill who's off his meds, but his record at tottenham (and to a leeser degree, in terms of consideration for a national position, pompy) will surely warrant his inclusion amongst candidates once capello's reign of terror/necessary curtailing of egos (depending on opinion) ends.
besides that, who else have we got? could psycho go it alone? will hodgson do enough at liverpool? does anyone other than alan shearer want alan shearer? the guvnor? (hahaha!) not exactly spoilt for choice are we..

hucks

Your Message Here
Big game today Don Q! Got a free tenner in my blue sq account and backed us at 7-2. No way I'd have gone anywhere near that with my own money, mind. You're a season ticket hodler now, right? Enjoy the game, but not too much.

don_quixote

Trent End
hi hucks

yeah i'm a season ticket holder. we were dreadful. hopefully that'll be the worst game i see us play this season. ref didn't help matters by making inexplicable decisions at every opportunity (incl. the decision for the free kick which led to the, admittedly deserved, equaliser). i only hope that like last season we will warm into a system, but there's a few parts of last year's system which just aren't working this season.

still, unbeaten run continues i guess.

how can anyone not like harry? well southampton fans are first in the queue. i think the media palliness always sticks in my craw. the return to portsmouth where he spent 2 months putting them into the relegation zone and then claiming it was his predecessor who got them there. and then the stuff which is all allegations and not responsible to post on internet forums but i'm sure you can google it. plus his son. and the wii adverts.

english managers and the national team... well steve mclaren is doing pretty well.;)

or

ian_holloway.jpg

i actually think he'd be decent

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Fucksake Clyde, 3rd bottom of Division 3 already. This is why I'm sort of glad I'm not a 'proper' fan. Know that's a lame attitude to take but still.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Fucksake Clyde, 3rd bottom of Division 3 already. This is why I'm sort of glad I'm not a 'proper' fan. Know that's a lame attitude to take but still.

ouch.

i hear ya Andy :slanted:

similar set-up w Alty, at bottom of Blue Square Premier w one point from six games.

sixth year in a row we have one of the division's three smallest budgets, lost our top two players/scorers over the summer, and remaining one of the few semi-pro teams in an ever professionalised league can only equal Conference North here we come *... ...that reaction from Harry on the YT vid is pure small-minded balloonery, what a weapon. if he's that touchy, seems like a case of doth protest too much.

* still, at least we take more fans to games in the south east than Wigan Athletic.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/8954996.stm
thoughts?
the last sentence is the one the interests/worries me

@ scottdisco, respect for coming back. i've said my piece now and admittedly i was supremely bilious above, should have addressed it at the time. my bad there. i felt your comment was out of line and it's been eating at me ever since. unlike mc duke though, i can only hold a grudge for a few months - you're obviously a decent fella, so fuck a par. friends?

scottdisco

rip this joint please
@ scottdisco, respect for coming back. i've said my piece now and admittedly i was supremely bilious above, should have addressed it at the time. my bad there. i felt your comment was out of line and it's been eating at me ever since. unlike mc duke though, i can only hold a grudge for a few months - you're obviously a decent fella, so fuck a par. friends?

honestly, i don't know what you're talking about, did we have a row on here about something a while back? i honestly cannot remember anything, are you perhaps confusing me with somebody else? (i didn't inadvertently get tangled up in an argument between you and Luka, did i? if i was talking shit, i apologise unreservedly.)

but respect for burying what ever it is we're talking about, all good, and myself right back at you :)

(i've not been on the forum much for a month or three, was on holiday overseas for two weeks a bit back and spent a lot of the summer arsing around away from teh interwebs, so you must excuse my memory re whatever we're talking about above. i suspect i might have said something harsh and unjustifiable to you re some debate you had w Luka, as i say, but i genuinely forget for sure.)

P.S.
Dermot Desmond said:
"It's important that clubs are not being jeopardised. I'm sure in the next few years we will see some clubs will go out of business."
:slanted:

personally, i don't want to see the Old Firm in an English league, no real rational reason to back this up, i just think they need to stay in the Scottish league, sucks for their lack of competitive play in many domestic games, and i'm sure it sucks bigtime for other teams who'd love a bigger chance of cracking the SPL title cherry, but there we are.

the Welsh clubs already playing in English leagues are intimately entwined and have been doing it for ages, plus the geography's a lot kinder, so i don't think that's necessarily a model for the Old Firm to try to use to bolster their cause. (though admittedly presumably Welsh clubs were not in English leagues once and thus had to 'start somewhere', i don't know the history of it.)

wage-capping etc would be good. remember when the Prem said at the outset they'd whittle down to 18 clubs?
that was a promise from years ago and we're no nearer that (yet)...

Last edited:

nomos

Administrator
I am NOT (repeat NOT) sending for Spurs fans here. Just thought this talking robot bear thing was funny.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Can't touch these though

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:

jenks

thread death
As a Spurs' fan I find that funny - perfectly encapsulating the narrow mindedness that can descend upon a certain type of football fan - the kind that could never admit that Henry was a sublime player in his prime, for example.

If we pull off the VDV transfer I'll be well chuffed and I think this year we might put the pressure on Arsenal but losing against Wigan reminds me that Spurs can throw points away far too easily even now. Be interesting to see just who is picked for bothe sides in the Carling Cup, now it is both sides fourth priority.

Arsenal fans must be gutted at the number and regularity of injuries to key players lie Van Persie, Fabregas and Walcott. If they could guarantee full seasons then Arsenal would be a differnet prospect and why didn't they sign a keeper?

Last edited:

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
There's been talk of the Old Firm going to England for as long as I can remember (I'm 27), I really can't see it happening. Wouldn't complain if they did though

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Thoughts on the Euro qualifiers?

I predict an uninspiring win for England and an uninspiring draw for Scotland