IdleRich

IdleRich
I'll just shut up then I guess.... although they did win 2-0 away in 1980 (not to mention a 5-1 spannering in 1963) which would be enough for a draw and, I think I'm right in saying, that no side has ever overturned a home defeat in the first leg of the champions league semi-final and so my point about the relative likelihoods does sort of stand. Maybe.
Anyway, I guess everyone has seen this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13217880.stm

IdleRich

IdleRich
"but so is winning more european cups than domestic leagues :COOL:"
Well, in the old days it was virtually impossible because you had to win the league to take part in the cup (unless you won it). Not so now of course. I think that United won it when they weren't champions in 99 - maybe they should rename the competition.

hucks

Your Message Here
Blimey. Brighton up, Norwich up, Forest in the playoffs. Even the Chelsea fans have something to cheer. If it weren't for Andy and Clyde, this would be a fantastic season for the roiling blather thread.

Phaedo

Went and watched the mighty Forest on Saturday. Was great to see us score 5. Playoff mayhem awaits....:eek:

Premier League is getting pretty excited too!

don_quixote

Trent End
Went and watched the mighty Forest on Saturday. Was great to see us score 5. Playoff mayhem awaits....:eek:

Premier League is getting pretty excited too!

another forest fan? awesome

i guess with what's happening with qpr the bbc cameras will be at loftus road on saturday, but i can't wait for selhurst park. party atmosphere i hope before...

what the fuck is gonna happen with the qpr stuff? apparently they are nearly guaranteed a 10 point deduction due to using illegal agents...

crackerjack

anyone see last night's clasico? impressions?

Yeah, nothing dramatic, less cheating, Messi still brilliant, generally well reffed, Diarra was great and kept being penalised for good tackles, Adebayor and Carvalho lucky to stay on.

Barca didn't seem that bothered about pushing up, quite happy just to hold the ball, rarely pushed forward in numbers.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"anyone see last night's clasico? impressions?"
Well, Barcelona were the better side but I can see why Real are pissed off - maybe without the sending off in the first leg they would have gone into this at 0-0 which is obviously what Mourinho was playing for, then they had that strange one disallowed last night and scored one which would have been enough to go through, though of course it would have been a different game if it had been equal at the kick off.
I wonder if Ronaldo is regretting going to Spain - what's he won for Madrid, just the one Copa?

"Higuain's goal was good. Pique pushed me and I landed on Mascherano. He didn't used to fall to the ground in England, but he's picked up the bad habit of doing it here like everyone else."

crackerjack

Well, Barcelona were the better side but I can see why Real are pissed off - maybe without the sending off in the first leg they would have gone into this at 0-0 which is obviously what Mourinho was playing for, then they had that strange one disallowed last night and scored one which would have been enough to go through, though of course it would have been a different game if it had been equal at the kick off.
I wonder if Ronaldo is regretting going to Spain - what's he won for Madrid, just the one Copa?

Do you think Ronaldo has to practise in front of a mirror to keep a straight face when complaining about others diving?

IdleRich

IdleRich
No, I reckon he just has a massive ability to delude himself - that's the best way to con others I think - he honestly believes that he's hard done by, that he was a slave at United etc etc

crackerjack

Just read that Messi (11) was fouled more than the entire RM team (10). But maybe Ronaldo reckons that's cos fouls by Barca never get given.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.

I've really come to dislike both those teams, tho that might've been tempered by seeing a vaguely proper match of football last ngiht between them.

The disallowed goal sounded like more Barcelona fakery....

In a way Mourinho got what he deserved by playing for 0-0, but obv the sending off was ludicrous.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I don't think it was fakery, it was just strange. Ronaldo fell (or was tripped) and he did fall on the defender who would probably have gathered the ball if he hadn't been knocked down. I actually don't know what the right call is on that.