crackerjack

I don't think it was fakery, it was just strange. Ronaldo fell (or was tripped) and he did fall on the defender who would probably have gathered the ball if he hadn't been knocked down. I actually don't know what the right call is on that.

If the initial foul was on Ronaldo, then freekick to Real? Seems harsh to allow advantage when a 3rd player is impeded.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah, that was what I thought he had called originally - obviously they would have immediately said that he should have played the advantage but if he had decided that the result of that would be a free-kick to Barce then it was probably the right thing to do.

Phaedo

Well said yeah. The conspiracy theories make Mourinho sound like he doesn't think Real can beat Barca.

Last night's game was a interesting one, got the feeling Barca always could of stepped it up, in the period when they played their best they were tearing Madrid apart. Also with Carvalho's fouls and no red card i guess it evened it out a bit from the first leg.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
So, anyone think Chelsea can still win the title? I reckon it'll be a draw at Old Traff and ManU will win their remainig games, hope I'm wrong though

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
So, anyone think Chelsea can still win the title? I reckon it'll be a draw at Old Traff and ManU will win their remainig games, hope I'm wrong though

Yeah, I think they will do it actually. Chelsea's recent record agaisnt United before the QF was pretty stellar, as I'm sure you dno't need reminding. If Drogba's on form and they don't choose the wrong formation just to accommodate Torres etc etc, they've every chance.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Ok, how wrong can I be?? United smacked it. One slight note of annoyance - why do people keep referrring to Park as a workhorse, when he's clearly a very good player (who also works very hard, granted)?

Valencia eviscerated Cole....

Phaedo

So odd how Chelsea seem to just not care at times, such a timid performance today, never looked like they were playing for the title at all.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
true. yet describing chelsea as 'timid' 12 months ago would have seen you sectioned. weird, very weird...

thing i love about United, as much as i might hate them at times is they NEVER look like they don't care. Plus Hernandez is one of my favourite Prem players in ages.

bandshell

Grand High Witch
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10052011/58/premier-league-balotelli-saves-boy-bullying.html

Manchester City star Mario Balotelli has become an unlikely hero after rescuing a bullied schoolboy from his tormentor.

The Sun reports that the Italian striker was asked for an autograph by the young fan at City's training ground, but turned the tables on the lad by asking him why he was playing truant from school.

The boy explained that he was absent because he was being bullied - sparking an incredible reaction from the 20-year-old superstar.

The City ace drove the boy and his mother to the school and demanded to speak to both the headmaster and the bully, during which he apparently mediated as the two boys buried their differences.

The unlikely knight in shining armour - who has hit the headlines all season for a string of on- and off-pitch controversies - then made the pair shake hands before he sped off in his Maserati.

"Mario feels strongly about bullying and thinks it's out of order, " a source told the paper.

"He had no qualms about sorting the mess out as he felt the lad should not be missing out on school."
Eurosport

don_quixote

Trent End
hahaha balotelli is beyond awesome

right, tomorrow night. if i were a neutral i would be saying how fucking amazing the playoffs are. since we're involved; i hate the bloody playoffs:mad:

luka

YOU KNOW PERFECTLY WELL WHY THEY CALL PARK A WORKHORSE. IT IS BECAUSE HE IS KOREAN. EVERYONE KNOW ASIANS CANNOT HAVE FLAIR. THEY ARE HARD WORKING, OBIDIENT AND DISCIPLINED. AFRICANS HAVE FLAIR BUT LACK DISCIPLINE. ASIANS HAVE DISCIPLINE BUT NO FLAIR. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING FOOTBALL FOR?
amateur.

IdleRich

IdleRich
In fairness he doesn't have a lot of flair - but there are several other types of player other than a workhorse and a luxury player.
Love that story about Balotelli.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
beginnign to completely love Balotelli. PLEASE sign for a better club (Man City good historically, but at the moment...nah)

BareBones

wheezy
LOL i just watched the whole fucking thing thinking there had to be some gold balotelli moment coming up, but then it ended and I was like wtf that was just tons of handshaking and backslapping and high-fiving.

it did seem at one point that defoe and van der vaart were kind of giggling at him though, did you spot that?

bandshell

Grand High Witch
LOL i just watched the whole fucking thing thinking there had to be some gold balotelli moment coming up, but then it ended and I was like wtf that was just tons of handshaking and backslapping and high-fiving.

it did seem at one point that defoe and van der vaart were kind of giggling at him though, did you spot that?

Yeah, I did see that. Ahah.