bandshell

Grand High Witch
_55868745_pa-8354959.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-15196761

Wayne Rooney's father is one of nine men who has been arrested in a probe into betting irregularities, BBC Scotland understands.

Wayne Rooney Snr and seven other men were held at addresses in Merseyside. Motherwell FC player Steve Jennings was arrested at his home in Glasgow.

Police said the men had been arrested for conspiracy to defraud.

The probe relates to alleged betting irregularities surrounding a game between Motherwell and Hearts.

nomos

Administrator
3-1 and no shattered limbs is always a good result against Stoke.

Terrified of Arsenal v. Man City now though :eek: What happened today?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Second and third City goals were delicious. David Silva was the star, but so much quality evident elsewhere. Glad to see Milner play so well, always liked him as a player.

Balotelli is a legend already.

The Roses must be shaking their heads at choosing this week to make their announcement!

Didn't see it but I heard Chelsea were prety amazing in adversity this afternoon. Premiership is looking in rude health.

Phaedo

Villas-Boas must be quietly happy despite their horrible luck and red cards today. If Torres comes good I still feel they are in with a chance.

Hansen was right on MOTD about City as well, we'll only really know how good they are after they have a bad patch, a lot of egos in that dressing room.

crackerjack

Second and third City goals were delicious. David Silva was the star, but so much quality evident elsewhere. Glad to see Milner play so well, always liked him as a player.

Balotelli is a legend already.

Until they really turned it on at the end, I thought Milner was the best player on the pitch. Won every tackle, neat and incisive passing for the first two goals. When he signed for City (overpriced admittedly) I thought he was exactly the kind of ego-free trier a team like that needed. Took a little while, but glad things are going right.

City's stats are the stuff of legend at the moment - averaging 3.67 goals a game for quarter of the season and the only points dropped when a two-goal lead was chucked away at Fulham. Them against Chelsea will be very interesting. And of course Utd have played almost no one but top sides in the Prem so far, whereas City have done the opposite.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Would still be funny if City chucked it away in a disastrous run-in to rival Newcastle in '96 (?) though.

Interesting to see how United's confidence survives this battering. QUite well, I'd wager - after the 1-4 defeat by Liverpool, they simply carried on, and Vidic got his mojo back.

hucks

Your Message Here
As much as I'm disappointed that the big football news of the weekend (Grant Holt's amazing "Take em all out" header at Anfield) has been overshadowed, it was great to see another amazing Mario moment. I want one of those t-shirts.

Here's another good story tho

Story Of The Day
'I've just heard a Mario Balotelli story that betters Tesco & the fireworks...OK, so his mum's over from Italy, asks the cleaner if she has everything she needs. Cleaner: "No, I need all the practical things - iron etc." Mario's mum: "Where can we go to buy these things? Write me a list and we'll go and buy it all" Cleaner: "John Lewis." So Mario's ma sends him & his mates to John Lewis with a shopping list in hand...Mario returns to the house 5 hrs later...empty-handed. Cleaner: "Er, where's the iron, iron-board etc?" Then a big John Lewis van arrives...van contains nothing from the shopping list bt the following 'practical items': - giant trampoline, Scalextric, 2 Vespas, table tennis set' - Via @ChrisDolan on Twitter.

BareBones

wheezy
just heard via twitter that "Mario Balotelli is currently driving around Manchester City Centre in a convertible Bentley (music blaring, top down), high fiving City fans".

crackerjack

So Terry's line is that he was saying "fucking black cunt", but only to insist he'd never said it in the first place? This isn't gonna end well.

Terry said he had been responding to accusations from the opposing centre-half that he had used racist language. "I thought Anton was accusing me of using a racist slur against him," he said. "I responded aggressively, saying I never used that term." The key part of the footage, where the England captain said he shouted "Oi, Anton, I never said …", is obscured by Ashley Cole walking across the camera shot.