baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
just as i was gonna write that united always score late, Basle score a second. terrible defending. england down to two in the last sixteen, and i can't see arsenal going far. see Chelsea making the semis given a kind draw though.

ferguson to retire at the end of the season? i'd say there's worse bets around.

and in other news, chelsea were dicks to screw drogba around - still one of the best in the business, and who really doubted it? only whoever makes chelsea's decisions, it seems...

edit: ok, spoke too soon, prob be 2-2 in a second.

Last edited:

crackerjack

just as i was gonna write that united always score late, Basle score a second. terrible defending. england down to two in the last sixteen, and i can't see arsenal going far. see Chelsea making the semis given a kind draw though.

ferguson to retire at the end of the season? i'd say there's worse bets around.

and in other news, chelsea were dicks to screw drogba around - still one of the best in the business, and who really doubted it? only whoever makes chelsea's decisions, it seems...

edit: ok, spoke too soon, prob be 2-2 in a second.

Would be extraordinary if Utd went out with this group.

But it's just happened

At least City had an excuse.

Don't bet against Chelsea or Arsenal going a long way - you'd have to say there are only 2 sides left that are clearly better than them.

e/y

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1-8WAU1DMAc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lol

Don't bet against Chelsea or Arsenal going a long way - you'd have to say there are only 2 sides left that are clearly better than them.

I'm quite happy with our (Arsenal) much improved form, but I think there are several sides who are better atm - obviously Barcelona and Real, but also Milan, Napoli and Bayern. Chelsea are in an even weaker position, I think.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
havne't seen enough to be sure, tbh. I think Bayern look pretty damn good, only side to destroy City this season, and Napoli are extremely useful too. As to the italian sides, don't know tbh. I'd say Chelsea will go far, and I think their star is in the ascendant again, but at present Arsenal will do well to negotiate the last 16 I think, esp if they draw Milan or Lyon or Napoli.

Fergie - oh dear. can't take losing, and he's gonna have to, cos City are set to dominate for a few years now. Out by 2012....

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Van Persie's a great player but he seems like such a boring bastard. Arsenal should bring back Adebayor and Anelka, stir things up a bit. And then sign Tevez

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
van Persie - you mean from interviews? not seen one, i don't think.

Video request: 90 minute video of Mourinho's face during the Clasico. Would've been hysterical - from extreme cockiness to utter despair.

Stoke beating Tottenham - all that talk of Spurs' championship challenge proved a little bit premature, suprisingly... I like the club a lot (i think the two north London clubs have offered the most reliable entertainment in the Prem for a while now), but it was clear that, having been spanked by both City and United, they're in a class below those two in terms of the winning mentality.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
"Liverpool's defence involves arguing that the word "negro" – which Suárez has reportedly accepted he did say to Evra – does not necessarily have racist connotations in the player's native Uruguay. "

So, basically, Suarez is not guilty because he grew up in a structurally racist country? Beggars belief.

don_quixote

Trent End
i know i hate liverpool so maybe my judgement is clouded, but that defence is absolutely classless and straight from the gutter. the guy has been playing in europe for years, he repeatedly said a racist term to another professional and even if he didn't know it was racist then someone surely should have taken him to one side and said that is unacceptable. he must have known he was getting a rise out of it. baffling.

what a horrible club.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
Suarez is a fucking idiot, the entire league in Holland hated the guy except for of course the team he played with.

IdleRich

IdleRich
This is funny

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/17/sion-manchester-united-champions-league

I'm someone who would much rather play than watch football but if I have at team it's United - still wouldn't want this though. Very harsh on Basel if they were knocked out because of another team's wrongdoings.
I can think of similar things - in the nineties Leeds (I think) lost the first leg of a tie 3-0, then won the home leg 4-1 meaning that they went out on away goals. However it turned out their opponents had fielded an ineligible player in the second leg so they were later awarded a 3-0 victory meaning that the tie was level and they had to have a replay as a decider. Leeds then went on to win that though I can't remember what happened in the next round.
Also Denmark won the European Cup after failing to qualify when the team that did qualify from their group, Yugoslavia, were banned for being at war with themselves.

e/y

the way their players behave (Richards and Barry, in particular), they way the entire setup of the club conducts it's business. the way their tannoy announcer trolled the away fans by announcing the largely anonymous Nasri as MotM. the way they are taking part in fucking up football.

that's about it, really.

bandshell

Grand High Witch
the way their players behave (Richards and Barry, in particular), they way the entire setup of the club conducts it's business. the way their tannoy announcer trolled the away fans by announcing the largely anonymous Nasri as MotM. the way they are taking part in fucking up football.

that's about it, really.

Ahah. I'm a city fan and I thought it was a tad odd to name Nasri motm. Did just seem like baiting the Arsenal fans.