DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
divas 'n Bass mix

I guess a mix is worth a thousand words so here's something to listen to:
http://www.ilyay.com/music/diva_bass.ogg
Size: 27Mb Duration:31:23 Format:eek:gg

A mix of '92-'93 hardcore with vocals.

Tracklist:
Rachel Wallace - Feel This Way (Suburban Base) - first lady of hardcore.
After Dark - Ecstasonic Love (Out Of Orbit) - a weird track this. Dave Charlesworth is underrated.
Awesome 3 - Don't Go (City Beat) - how could I not put this in?
Terrorize - Feel The Rhythm (Slammin' Mix) (Hamster) - rave to the maximum. I'm not sure if it's a sample or what.
Manix - Let The Music Move You (Reinforced) - I love the ruff vibe of Manix tracks. One of my favorites.
Omni Trio - Through The Vibe (2 On 1 Mix) (Moving Shadow) - beatiful track. Sampled vocals though.
Sly T & Ollie J - Help Me (Black Market) - another sample. Kinda cheesy but what the hey.
Blame - Feel The Energy (Moving Shadow) - the lyrics make me cringe.
Dope - The Sequel (Labello Blanco) - another sample. This track has this pirate radio vibe I can't describe - real underground.
Jack N Phil - We Are Unity (Vocal Mix) (Basement) - I try to avoid the vocals on this normally.
Metalheads - Kemistry (Synthetic) - *tears*. Had to play it in its entirety.

Last edited:

drilla

Wow

Thank you very much everyone :)

I love Dissensus, it's amazing to me to make this little thread and to receive so many informative replies and then a mix on top of it all... did you make that yourself just now Djigit? It's pumping my headphones right now. Thanks again everyone.

mms

sometimes
might be the dillinja remix of baby namboos ancoats 2 zambia.

oh yes you got it!
these are the lyrics
top track
It's a feelin' that I get sometimes
When I'm lyin' in my bed sometimes
Black cloud in my head sometimes
Intoxicating my mind, my mind
It's not that I wanna die
Just that I wanna fly
But this feelin' that I get sometimes
I could sever all ties, all ties

Last edited:

continuum

smugpolice
Have to add that Kemistry has to be one of my all time favourite pieces of music ever. Haven't got a copy and haven't heard it for years but rinsing the last 5 minutes of this mix over and over as I type!

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
Recent versions Winamp should support it. If not, you can download the ogg input plugin. XMMS (free Winamp clone) supports it.

Anderai

Always great to hear Kemistry...I've never heard the vocal mix only the Untouchable Mix on Enforcers Vol 3. That Manix track is ruff too!

Alfons

Way of the future
hard to not point out the first lady of drum and bass, Jenna G. the number of incredible songs that she's done is pretty impressive:

- "Still Dreaming" with Sonic
- "Rising" with Artificial Intelligence
- "Obsession" with Future Cut on metalheadz
- "Lost in Music" with Street Level and TC1
- "Beautiful" with Phuturistix (not dnb but the Bugz in the Attic mix is great)

Can't forget the absolute classic "Midnight" with Un:cut (marcus intallex mix....) and her own full-length artist album is solid from top to bottom.

Two lovely tracks of her album Woe and Silent Wonder!!!

I think this is an Omni Trio tune, not Foul Play.

Yeah its omni trio

Urban Shakedown 'Some Justice'

Someday with Ce Ce Rogers is probably the best male diva song ever!