Favourite Grime MCs.

jack

:mad: i reckon jammer's mcing's rubbish. his gun talk is really cliche and unconvincing, especially after after hearing him drone through all the recording packages he can use

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
Yeah, the 'studio dork'/'gunman' crossover is pretty unconvincing.

Then again the whole grime gun obsession is pretty unconvincing. They make it sound like London is fuckin Rio or something like that, with bodies dropping all over the place, yet there are probably more murders in Baltimore (pop. 500k) in an average year than in London with 7 million.

boy better know

I'm Serious
yeah, but that's bodymore, murderland. it's known as a gully place.

you have to remember that grime artists are mostly from areas where murders and guns are rife, so to a lot of them it will feel like there are bodies dropping all over the place. also, the mcs are influenced by hip-hop and dancehall, where there is a lot of gun talk. this is what they listen to, so they imitate it.

but yeah, keep jammer off the mic.

Melmoth

Bruxist
boy better know said:
areas where murders and guns are rife

Is this true? Call me naive but I think the gun thing is exaggerated out of all proportion. Murders are hardly rife anywhere in London.

mms

sometimes
luka said:
didn't she came out of nowhere and got a deal? i definietly don't remember her on radio. i don't think she did any raves. nobody knew her before she got signed. she didn't come up through that scene. that's why she caused a lot of resentment/

she was championed by a producer called gabriel prokeiv, (composers grandson) who goes under the name of medasyn and is also in spektrum, he did chi ching i think, that's ok by me tho in a way, shes no bad at mcing, he did it on casual records.

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
Melmoth said:
Is this true? Call me naive but I think the gun thing is exaggerated out of all proportion. Murders are hardly rife anywhere in London.

Yeah, it's highly, highly exaggerated.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,11069-1424319,00.html

New York's murder rate is still almost three times higher than London's, and that's with the murder rate at it's lowest since the early 60's.

In fact I just found this page on Nationmaster:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_mur

The total amount of murders in the UK (60 million people) is less than in New York and Chicago (about 11 million).

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
simon silverdollar said:
mr wong in the vauxhall conference category?! he might not be a skilled MC. but he makes up for it with sheer enthusiasm and his cool slurred voice. his MCing on 'orchestra borough' is great.

I dunno, I think Mr. Wong is a good producer, I just think his mc'ing is pretty poor.

luka

just to stick up for my home town, you're more likely to get assaulted here than in new york, brap brap!
ahem, yeah anyway
anyone who heard gods gift on rinse tonight won't be worried about him losing it anymore becasue he
s
m
a
c
k
e
d

i
t

he did seem quite depressed on aim high but everyones spirits get low from time to time, doesn't stop him being one of the biggest MCs ever to touch a microphone.

Clubberlang

Yeah, I was asking a friend from London about gun violence and murder rates and he said there weren't as many guns or anywhere near as much killing, but that ASSAULTS and just random fisticuffs were a lot more common.

luka

oh yeah, it was his show. heh! made work goa bit quicker even though the other boys hated it. you can just about pick up rinse from romford dg track! just some feather light touch on the tuner between kiss and classic.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
interesting seeing the 2005 era luka style

i wanted to bump the thread where he called logan sama a "Sanctimonius essex boy" but it was locked

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Suddenly thought it would be interesting to see what the oldest threads are

Didn't realise that Dissensus circa 2005 was basically a grime forum

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It's nice really, seeing him in the flush of enthusiasm about music instead of thinking music should be cancelled