Gang Gang Dance - God's Money

Pulchritude

you might like telepathe on the same label

Yeah, Telepathe are great! I've seen them live a few times and I don't really think their recorded output does them much justice, in comparison. They are fairly similar with the emphasis on drums etc, but GGD are inevitably superior.

The new GGD is really quite fantastic! I think it's a perfect transition from the last album. I'm hoping to catch them when they play the ULU in October.

mms

sometimes
i'm going to see them in october - apparently charles hayward may be supporting, which makes perfect sense

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Thanks for the heads up on this one - will definitely be going. It's just the one gig at ULU, if I've got it right? Even possible bumping into my ex won't keep me away :eek:

Must check out the new album before then...

BareBones

wheezy
anyone know if this GGD gig is sold out? saw 'em at that TDK fest a couple-three years ago, it was mega. this new material sounds ridiculous.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Just listening to the new album now for the first time - seems a bit self-consciously 'trendier' than the first, and the sound a bit thinner (may be the laptop speakers i'm listening on, of course). Tinchy track is a bit embarrassing, tbh. But yeah, House Jam is sounding good.

zhao

there are no accidents
Just listening to the new album now for the first time - seems a bit self-consciously 'trendier' than the first, and the sound a bit thinner (may be the laptop speakers i'm listening on, of course). Tinchy track is a bit embarrassing, tbh. But yeah, House Jam is sounding good.

tinchy track sounds dope right now! i'm impressed with this new album.

crackerjack

Thanks for the heads up on this one - will definitely be going. It's just the one gig at ULU, if I've got it right? Even possible bumping into my ex won't keep me away :eek:

Must check out the new album before then...

This gig has now been moved to Hoxton bar & Grill and is fairly early (7-10). charles Hayward is confirmed as main support.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Thanks - just got my tickets yesterday. The new album is definitely growing on me. I hear they're an awesome live act too? :D

Betamaxnomates

Wild Horses
'House Jam' is definitely the standout for me. The Tinchy collab, however, I could have done without. I reckon they've got a great album in them yet - and 'House Jam' is pointing in the right direction - but too much of this record just doesn't stick for me.

tom pr

yeah. the temptation to just fuck off the fact it was only 8pm and neck a load of pills was definitely present, but it was still amazing sober. can't gigs be like that every bloody week?

mms

sometimes
lovely wasn't it?
charles hayward was incredible as well, i was pissed off a few of my friends were down the pub when he was on as they missed a real treat.
big mesh of rhythms, they're one of the few bands that transcend the idea that rock and dance are different things and channel all sorts of tropical fun.

crackerjack

big mesh of rhythms, they're one of the few bands that transcend the idea that rock and dance are different things and channel all sorts of tropical fun.

Spot on that. And you could see they were loving it themselves (bit like fellow Noo Yorkers Out Hud in that regard). Always makes a difference.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Who was that guy who came on about halfway through to read some dubious poetry?

The gig was great - it was a bit odd how no-one seemed to know any of their songs, but on the other hand, how many of them is it actually possible to sing along to?