misheard lyrics

STN

sou'wester
It must be very widely understood by now that the lyrics to Purple Haze do not involve the line 'scuse me while I kiss this guy' and that Blowing in the Wind has nothing to do with ants, so if anyone's going to try those on they can jolly well clear orf and not bladdy well come back.

However, I think there's still some mirth to be had on the topic of misheard lyrics, since my mum announced the other day that she believed the lyrics to Kraftwerk's 'Autobahn' to be a repeated refrain of 'it's fun to be a porcupine'. When I explained what they actually were, the whole thing seemed mildly less ridiculous.

hint

party record with a siren
K-Ci and JoJo said:
Just when I thought that love would never be a part of me,
That's when you came along, and showed me your penis

(at 1:54, teamed up with an amusing hand gesture)

arcaNa

Snakes + Ladders
lest we forget, the immortal:

"sweet Vagina's gone to China, cross-legged on the floor..." *

From Eno's Taking Tiger Mountain (By Strategy)

(* it's "Regina" really, but doesn't sound like it, Brian!)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The entire lyrics to Blondie's Rapture sound like you've misheard them - but that's what Debs actually sings (and raps, kinda). Sheesh.

zhao

there are no accidents
cocteau twins - song from Garlands - "everyone's telling me to watch my weight"

STN

sou'wester
There's an Eddie Cochrane song where he says 'I'd bet my penis to a candy store' (I think it's ostensibly 'peanuts') which sounds like a curious wager.

Also, all those Cutty Ranks tunes where he describes himself as an 'arse rider'.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Someone on Dubstepforum keeps quoting Max Romeo (via the 'why bother?' Coki refix) as singing "chase you all of earth'"
Gah.
Does. Not. Even. Make. Sense.

N

nomadologist

i get made fun of mercilessly because i used to think david bowie (in "fashion") was saying:

we have the chutzpah and we're coming to town

i think it's really "we are the goon squad"

:eek:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
In Wake Up on the first RATM album there's not really an excuse for 'mishearing' the line, as it's the name of the song, but it does sound a lot like he's just bellowing "WAANKEER!!! WAANKEER!!!".

Krooz

Whenever I hear Pavement - 'No Life Singed Her' the chorus sounds like 'No life for gingers' to me. Also Fugazi - 'Repeater' it sounds like he is screaming 'Ribena'.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Is there *any* native British-English speaker who didn't think Kurt Cobain sang "That's OK, my willy's good" in Lithium?

continuum

smugpolice
I always thought the sample in A-Zone's 'Calling All The People' said "wash your face yo" until a bemused friend pointed out it was "listen to the bass drum".

STN

sou'wester
A mate of mine is utterly insistent to this day that the Wendy Renee sample in 'Tearz' says 'Oscar, Oscar, my baby' not 'after laughter comes tears'.