l o v e

vimothy

yurp
One thing I did love was the "Worth Dying For" thread, where someone manages to conflate "worth dying for" with "worth killing for" on only the second post:

if i wasn't a complete coward and had real balls, if i wasn't so trapped in the capitalist comfort zone (even as i criticize it), i would be a "terrorist" / suicide bomber. but i would plan very well, hit a GOOD target (no civilians), and take out as many of the people that desperately need to be taken out as possible.​

Give and take, eh.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
No: it's usually refusing, or not feeling able, to talk to ppl in positions of authority in general. Google it!
Sounds reasonable to me.

If it's an involuntary syndrome I don't think calling it 'elective' is very accurate.

But then I'm a criminal - I must confess I have indeed eaten mince pies on Christmas day. :eek:

mixed_biscuits

*mortified*

Adopt this as your motto and you shall be at one with them: The unpleasant and irresponsible shall be buoyed on the bubbles of my irrepressible effervescence.

Last edited:
N

nomadologist

If that's the case, then I don't really see this as a master stroke on capitalism's part, as I expect most autistics are pretty lousy consumers. (Edit: I see you said this too.) Except perhaps of those toys that implore you to 'collect them all!" in some autistic children? I dunno.

Not on capitalism's "part", on biology's part.

Certain people with mental illnesses have a special "immunological" resistance to the virus, so to speak. And I think autistics are the new schizophrenics.

N

nomadologist

You can tell Mr. Tea and Vimothy were really unpopular in school. They were the ones who always pushed too hard, making "puns" or talking about "economics" as if they'd studied it somewhere (looking up data on conservative media outlets online doesn't count as "study") until no one could stand the sight of them.

How often did you get beat up, Mr. Tea? How many wedgies were you given, Vimothy?

Or don't they do that sort of thing in the grand old U.K.?

This is the love thread, take your stupid ideologue ranting to one of the politics threads.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Eh? What the fuck prompted that? In case it *really* needs spelling out, I was joking with the 'future criminals' thing...guess spotting humour isn't really your forte, though.

Just because you had a shitty childhood, there's no need to project one onto everyone else.

N

nomadologist

No, Mr. Tea, I was referring to the inane way in which you and Vim invaded this thread with leftover angst from the Boycott Zionism thread.

Just get over it? People disagree on things. It's the internet. Fight about Zionism in the politics thread, this one was interesting for a good long while.

bassnation

the abyss
Not on capitalism's "part", on biology's part.

Certain people with mental illnesses have a special "immunological" resistance to the virus, so to speak. And I think autistics are the new schizophrenics.

did you also know that nicotine helps schizophrenics deal with the symptoms of the illness? theres a much higher percentage of the schizophrenic population who are smokers than in wider society, which makes it all the more wrong-headed for the uk to bring in legislation which bans smoking in every workplace with no exceptions for mental hospitals, some of which don't have gardens or outside areas.

http://psychservices.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/50/10/1346

N

nomadologist

did you also know that nicotine helps schizophrenics deal with the symptoms of the illness? theres a much higher percentage of the schizophrenic population who are smokers than in wider society, which makes it all the more wrong-headed for the uk to bring in legislation which bans smoking in every workplace with no exceptions for mental hospitals, some of which don't have gardens or outside areas.

Huh this is very interesting info. I have never heard this. Weird, because the one thing I've never had a problem quitting at will is smoking!! The mechanism for addiction with smoking is quite powerful, too, from what I understand about it (very very complex as far as addiction mechanisms go)...

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason

Screw 'em. I want to use weed to deal with the symptoms of reality and they banned that ages ago. ;)