4linehaiku

Repetitive
The prospect of a tune called "show me your bum" does not bode well for my attempts to convince people that Funky is a serious prospect.
Edit: Though this is their loss obviously.

faustus

beat is actually sick

that tune 'analogue war' on the player is pretty cool too.

and as for this: "Mc Vipers Lyrical skills have taken him around the globe. Viper also has a rock album" ----> some1 track it down, please please please

viktorvaughn

anyone know anything about show me your bum?

85b.jpg

photo via @bok_bok

what rave is this?

faustus

so, funky's being mixed with - US and euro house, garage, new dubstep, grime, bashment, techno and so on

but not early dubstep, mystikz, early skream and benga

just noticed this when listening to ruffage sessions mixed who r those guys into siegaliser, and also now listening to hatcha's 2004 set.

is there a reason why not?

Last edited:

alex

Do not read this.
ez, just wanted to say that Slackk's tunes are heavy!!

played them yesterday bro, keep up the good work, will post link & t/L when i have it!!!

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
so, funky's being mixed with - US and euro house, garage, new dubstep, grime, bashment, techno and so on

but not early dubstep, mystikz, early skream and benga

is there a reason why not?

Dubstep = 140, funky = 124-130
Dubstep = snare on 3rd beat, funky = snare on 8ths

CD decks make the tempo easier to deal with but this line hasn't been explored yet.

I am working on some funky remixes of some dubstep tunes though...

benjybars

village elder.
Dubstep = 140, funky = 124-130
Dubstep = snare on 3rd beat, funky = snare on 8ths

CD decks make the tempo easier to deal with but this line hasn't been explored yet.

I am working on some funky remixes of some dubstep tunes though...

yeah but hardly any of the early mystikz, skream, benga etc (from 2003-4ish) is straight-up 140bpm with a big snare on the third.

Take it everyone's heard Mj Cole on a funky beat with "gotta have it dubb", almost a Switch fidget feel to it, love it. The original is an absolute beaut too!