continuum

smugpolice
This looks good:

roskas-junejuly-mini-mix-2009

Ill Blu - Rider (Roska Special)
Zinc - Traveller ft. Fatima (EXCLUSIVE)
D-Malice - Full Effect - Fantastic 4
OB/Invasion Records - ER
Roska & Jamie George - Wonderful Day (Roska Special)
DVA - Hard House
Shortstuff - Tripped Up (EXCLUSIVE)
Fuzzy - In The morning
Untold - Just For You (Roska Remix)

faustus

ha ha, I'm featured in that dvd.

DJ NG, Tadow/Producer Mario (Hornz) and Apple had the biggest UK funky tunes in summer 2007 -- Crazy Cuzzies didn't make their mark until the winter and ran with it in 2008.

Old skool funky is really a mash up of deep house - Quentin Harris 'Traveling' - Fish Go Deep 'Cure.. (dennis Ferrer); Broken Beat - Amy Winehouse- Bed (bugz in the attic remix- dub), 4 Hero 'Hold it down', EarDis; commercial house- Mylo 'Doctor Pressure', Tom Novy 'My Body'; soulful house - Ron Hall and the muthafunkaz, Shaun Escoffery 'Days Like This (DJ Spinner mix); old skool garage/house from Masters at Work (soul fusion, kim english) etc. Anything with a groove really... good times.

I remember watching the decks as MA1 played at Red Carpet in Turnmills in summer '06 wondering why he didn't have any white labels like garage djs - turns out most of the big tunes where from pre 2004 and/or on defected (infact defected's album samplers where the lick).

yeah thats pretty much what i figured. the whole marcus 'old skool' set never really made sense

thc

thc
anyone got a recording of marcus nasty on westwood yesterday? bunch of MC's were there too apparently

Westwood's Twiiter said:
Coldsteps, Trilla, MC Viper Marcus Nasty + another 20 MC live from the crib

Screamer,trilla, asher, viper, tez kid,slick don, gemini, funky d, breezy, old steps, viper, zest, riskgo, triba ...

Trilla destroyin the set!!!!!

dave

the day today tonight
is 14tracks on the money with their take on funky? where's fuzzy logik? where's apple?!

the roska and cooly g tracks are the only ones i thought of as funky.. but i don't know squat.

BareBones

wheezy
no lil silva or crazy cousins or hardhouse banton either... aren't "bad" and "traumatic times" at 140? pretty odd list really, good tunes though

faustus

@ Tim F:

turns out its not UK at all:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

badman riddim... inside the place....

That selection's far too "tasteful" to be anything like a good representation of funky. Where's the underproduced semi-grime, where's the vocals. Nah.

alex

Do not read this.
hmm, yea do agree, that selection is a bit iffy, still nice though for 7 pound.

I remember when they did the techy dubstep one, that was alot.