gumdrops

priciest mp3s ever? do funky djs do flac? or better formats? id get house girls if dissensus wanted to do a pool. £4 each maybe? if it has to have someones name then im okay with 'dj dissensus'.

wise

bare BARE BONES
priciest mp3s ever? do funky djs do flac? or better formats? id get house girls if dissensus wanted to do a pool. £4 each maybe? if it has to have someones name then im okay with 'dj dissensus'.

I'm in :D (seriously)

flacs would be great but I would not be surprised if you get sent 128 mp3s

Last edited:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Chuckles.

^ Can I just take the chance to say that the mix that denoir posted a couple of pages back is excellent? Well worth a listen whenever anyone has a spare 40 minutes or so. Manages to set up a coherent vibe right through, but without ever sounding repetetive, which I always find is one of the hardest balances to strike while mixing. Nice one!

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Via ILX yet again, Lil Silva's remix of Better Off As Friends is good, but it took me a wee while to realise just how good. Guy is on fire right now:
Love the bit about 2/3rds in with the acid-y sounds plus the stuttering vocals, woiiii. I swear from some of the snare patterns he uses he must have grown up playing in a marching band or something..

Also, Rinse have now put up the podcasts of Funk Butcher & Marcus Nasty's epic b2b set that they did last Friday.
Here's the first half:
http://relay.exequo.org/rinsefm/podcast/FunkButcher40610.mp3
& here's the second half with Mighty Mo from the Heartless Crew coming in and going on mic:
http://relay.exequo.org/rinsefm/podcast/HLC40610.mp3
Obviously I don't think I'll sit through the whole of this too often - I didn't make it through the whole thing at the time - but for dippin in and out of it's great, there's loads of top tunes on here that I have no idea of the name or artist for yet. Which is how it should be, I guess.

What I caught of Petchy earlier was sounding nice btw, cheers for the heads up Benny.

Benny Bunter

Cheers Andy, definitely grabbing them. I'm gonna make a point of recording as many Petchy sets as possible until Live FM gets some sort of podcast archive.

Damien

Doldrums Presents -
Omar S
Source Direct
Kassem Mosse
Petchy
w/ MC Topsee
Joy Orbison

Brixton club Plan B on the 19th June

Could be tempted by this, can anyone give me a heads up on the venue/soundsystem?

edit: bit of search reveals funktion 1 soundsystem, tidy

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
^ Bought a ticket today, have heard good things about Plan B and that lineups got to be worth a look.

Hopefully they won't stick Petchy on too early.

Damien

Benny might do like, think Mike might also.

Corpsey aye I agree about Petchy, for sure

Christ on a bike 100 quids for train and bus would be hell ummmm

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

If you lot are going then I don't think I could miss the oppurtunity to see Petchy and Topsee and Omar S. I'd be far too jealous if youse lot went and I missed it! All these trips to London are killing me though...

Damien

aw man don't think I can afford 100 big ones just for transport. I wish I had a teleport machine :(

missed Omar S in Glasgow a while back too, always hear about these things too late

alec.tron

Creature of Meat and Hair
Doldrums Presents -
Omar S
Source Direct
Kassem Mosse
Petchy
w/ MC Topsee
Joy Orbison

wows. You're in for a treat...
but is that really A Made Up Sound/Snakestyle, Science/Metalheadz Source Direct ??
If it is - damn, that's one combination!
If anyone got a finger in it, could record this and feels like doing so, that would be most awesome... I haven't heard any Source Direct in about 10 years...
c.

wise

bare BARE BONES
Doldrums Presents -
Omar S
Source Direct
Kassem Mosse
Petchy
w/ MC Topsee
Joy Orbison

Could be tempted by this, can anyone give me a heads up on the venue/soundsystem?

Damn i'm out of fthe country for this, with that line-up I would expect Petchy to be on quite early though

IMPEY

flyer-Doldrums.jpg

SATURDAY 19 JUNE, 2010
DOLDRUMS PRESENTS:

OMAR S THE BEST (DETROIT, FXHE)
SOURCE DIRECT (LONDON, METALHEADZ)
KASSEM MOSSE (LEIPZIG, MIKRODISKO)
FLOATING POINTS (LONDON, EGLO)
PETCHY w/ MC TOPSEE (LONDON, LIVEFM)
JOY ORBISON (LONDON, DOLDRUMS)
JOSEY REBELLE (LONDON, NONSENSE)
THE BPM (LONDON, BROWNSWOOD)