I heard they're re-shooting the video so I imagine there is a plan to in place at the moment. The track really is too infectious to bypass however. My son is forever chanting "Bubbly Bubbly" and "Let me see you take it backwards" I just have to wonder if they wasn't quick enough?? With all the follow ups, it does feel a little bit more older than it is!! :slanted:

To people around it, maybe. But your general punter doesn't even know what funky is yet. I think the tune could do well.

doom

Public Housing
this tune is sick!... at the right (wrong) moment it would do crazy things. also feeling it tune played at the wrong speed, check clip 3 http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=146909

sick label also, many big tunes

LOL - I didn't chk the Juno clip to make sure it was the one I meant, this one is the one;

http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF335235-01-01-02.mp3

:slanted: I am a lulzor!

Its a wierd one, the off key pianos could ruin it... but they don't! Its raw for Deep House, which makes it perfect for me :D

Yh, I needa look at this label closer, I like the name ;)

The 'boomkat nosebleed refix' is big tho!

Last edited:

elgato

I just dont know
Its a wierd one, the off key pianos could ruin it... but they don't! Its raw for Deep House, which makes it perfect for me :D

Yh, I needa look at this label closer, I like the name ;)

can't check the clip at work but im sure its big

the label is a bit variable, some fairly dull dubby stuff, but they've pulled out some stunning reissues, the Aaron Carl and Craig Alexander 12s are ridiculous, for those alone they've secured a place in my heart!

and yeh, sick name!

Ory

warp drive
great name, great label design. my faves are the john beltran 12"s, one of which is a reissue. the dubtechy stuff e.g. bvdub and atheus isn't really my cuppa though, too derivative.

elgato

I just dont know

faustus

Marcus Nasty has shared his opinions on the latest trend of UK Funky MC tracks. Check it out!!!

http://queenofsheba84.wordpress.com/2009/01/13/marcus-nastys-views-on-uk-funky-mc-tracks/

fair enough i guess (obv i dont kno quite how shit the tunes he's being sent are) but i do like the vocals on that tune and eg that apple 1 that no1 ever plays, think its called oh na na na or something. too much and too shit is clearly not a good look.

his last set (up on the rinse blog) was really great, his mixing is so much better than 6 months ago lol

Last edited:

nomos

Administrator
Very interesting hear Marcus on the MC thing. Thanks Makeda. (I do wish he wouldn't yell though :eek:)

You got the sense in that Marcus/Mak10 set from sept. that they were already concerned about the balance tipping: "We came over and brung everyone with us....... I know, I know, I know.."

Said it before, but lately I'm a bit put off buying by the mastering of so many of these tracks. I'm finding it really tiring on the ears to spend much time mixing them because they're maxed to hell and clipping like mad. I don't mean that they need to be all glossy - just more care, more dynamics, less din.

Said it before, but lately I'm a bit put off buying by the mastering of so many of these tracks. I'm finding it really tiring on the ears to spend much time mixing them because they're maxed to hell and clipping like mad. I don't mean that they need to be all glossy - just more care, more dynamics, less din.

It's why you have to cop the vinyl. Much like in grime, music house is doing a lot for these tunes.

D-Malice Gabryelle mp3 vs vinyl = no contest.

nomos

Administrator
It's why you have to cop the vinyl. Much like in grime, music house is doing a lot for these tunes.

D-Malice Gabryelle mp3 vs vinyl = no contest.
yeah i've noticed that with the HHB ep and roska stuff. but vinyl, especially from Uptown, is getting harder to afford, and so much of this stuff is only coming out digital. plus it doesn't excuse poor mastering in the first place.

Last edited: