gumdrops

why do so many funky artists/djs say djs are being too man-centric? didnt hear many vocal tunes tho so didnt get a chance to see how those went down but from what i saw last night, the girls go for the heavy deep instrumentals just as much as the guys.

viktorvaughn

"Unfortunately not, there was a problem with the date but Beyond will definitely be back, just keep posted to the Rinse fan page/group and we'll let you know as soon as it's out..."

boomnoise

♫
so safe to assume not on tomorrow then? have now missed tix for flying lotus - gone from two wicked nights to none!

be gutted if beyond never kicks in at pp.

Ben ufo and Pangaea are playing at the horse and groom on curtain road.

that's where i'm going as an alternative.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
You london-based bastards have always got to be doing something, eh?

If its not a funky house night at plastic people, its a smash-up-the-RBS-branch day.

boomnoise

♫
it's mad! going to have it in a couple of mixes shortly :D

yes! can't believe i'm going to have this tune so rapidly after hearing it debut on radio!

There's a track doing the rounds at the moment with an intro that sounds like Hobson's Choice - at least a little bit at least to my ears. If someone knows what i mean, does anyone have an ID?

It's in the Mak10 show (for which i'm also very grateful)

Tanadan

likes things
I've not really been into funky apart from the Apple stuff, which is cool, but I bought the two Kode9 funky 12"s (black sun/2 far gone + 2 bad) and was mixing them today and they're fresssssssh, have a really nice little vibe to them, kinda lights-out but not moody, surprisingly different from the cold sad machine-funk (sad in the emotional not judgemental sense) vibe of dubstep. So yeah... :cool:

Last edited:
There's a track doing the rounds at the moment with an intro that sounds like Hobson's Choice - at least a little bit at least to my ears. If someone knows what i mean, does anyone have an ID?

It's in the Mak10 show (for which i'm also very grateful)

Don't know what Hobson's Choice is to be frank, but when is it in the set?
I've begged for some IDs from him on MSN before I might know it.

boomnoise

♫
in at 9.26

[hobson's choice]

i mean the vocal sample. listening to this now i think it's tenuous.

I guess it has the same effect on me as the snatched vocal 'uoh-ouhs'

which is one of total joy :)

but it is the one that comes in at 9.26

boomnoise

♫
and i'm whilst i'm on the track id flex

what's the track with the vocal refrain 'searching / searching for your love'

@ 44:12 on the mak